41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
I could do that.

I just don't want to. ;)

Reactions: boilergonzo

·
I don't even know....what I'm doing here....
8,813 Posts
The bad guys would stop dead in their tracks from fear of being shot.

They would stop in fear of the guy that just picked that thing up.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Dirty Harry said,"A man's got to know his limitations."

For me it was when I wanted a .44mag for bear country(black). Something nice n lightweight. So,I got a S&W329PD (I forget the weight) loaded up a Federal Premium Vital-Shok 300gr. CastCore makin 1090fps. That should do it, right? And a joy to carry!

Could not believe the amount of recoil from first round. Only reason I shot it a second time was to impress my girl. That was a couple years ago. My arm still hurts.
Never even want to see one of those again. Traded it for an all-steel 629.

If all I had was that .500magnum and a bear confronted me,I'd have to think about just taking my chances on the bear rather than pull the trigger.

·
M62/76
12,144 Posts
Like smacking a mailbox with your palm from a moving car!

·
NRA Life Member
922 Posts
Bones carries one in her purse.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Spirit Gun.png

·
Premium Member
10,551 Posts
The bad guys would stop dead in their tracks from fear of being shot.

They would stop in fear of the guy that just picked that thing up.
Impossible, everyone in here says the bad guys keep on attacking, even when you shoot them.

·
Premium Member
25,335 Posts
Dirty Harry said,"A man's got to know his limitations."

For me it was when I wanted a .44mag for bear country(black). Something nice n lightweight. So,I got a S&W329PD (I forget the weight) loaded up a Federal Premium Vital-Shok 300gr. CastCore makin 1090fps. That should do it, right? And a joy to carry!

Could not believe the amount of recoil from first round. Only reason I shot it a second time was to impress my girl. That was a couple years ago. My arm still hurts.
Never even want to see one of those again. Traded it for an all-steel 629.

If all I had was that .500magnum and a bear confronted me,I'd have to think about just taking my chances on the bear rather than pull the trigger.
Used to know a guy that owned a gun store in twin cities. He had a few “purchase/ lease” guns.
He sold them, box with 4 rds gone. Week later he bought it back (for much less) with less then half dozen more gone.
Most would admit. “I fired two, my buddy refused, we got Fred who loves full load 44 mag with his gal and he fired four before he couldn’t pull the trigger again”
He kept the 20rd box 4-8 rds from full. No idea how many times he sold that monster.
I’m a wimp I guess. DAO 50’ rapid fire I could group all 6 in 38+p. (Haven’t shot revolver much so way out of practice)
But full .357 mag loads. Vertically strung badly if I tried the same rate. I don’t recall ever shooting a truly hit 44 mag, others.
IIRC in Magnum Force. Dirty Harry said the rds he used we’re downloaded so recoil less then .357 mag levels.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts