Im new and i have a few ? s

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Xtra-Cheeze, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Xtra-Cheeze

Xtra-Cheeze

Ok so i know what my first Glock to be is a 27 .. Now im allready thinking of things to add to it . Now my main question is about these long barrels i see sticking out smaller glocks . Are they even legal to do , or is that just for shooting range purposes ? If they are legal , what are the pros and cons on having it put on a Sub -compact like the g27 im getting in two weeks . Its gonna be used mainly for defense . Any advice would be gladly appreciated , thanks

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

The longer barrels are mostly for the "cool" effect. They do not improve pistol accuracy, but do increase muzzle velocity slightly. Stick with stock and you will be a happier Glocker. For sights, check out your options at www.ameriglo.com and for concealment holsters see www.blade-tech.com

When you get your G27, get plenty of practice ammo as there is a learning curve associated with Glocks.

3. Xtra-Cheeze

Xtra-Cheeze

Thanks Danny , im allready set on getting the pro operators . Im gonna check the holsters out .

4. boomhower

boomhower

Take a look at comp-tech holsters, I love my M-Tac.

5. bac1023

bac1023

6. sgtlmj

sgtlmj NRA Life Member Millennium Member

Why would a longer barrel be illegal?

7. Stubudd

Stubudd

you don't need any of those extras, especially not a barrel like that for that gun...

save your money for ammo or for your next gun, because you're probably gonna want another one soon

8. CynicX

CynicX

There not illegal and like Danny said, just for looks which I personally dont like. Longer sight radius (distance between front and rear sights) is what increases accuracy which that obviously doesnt provide.

I wouldnt look into modifying a gun you havent bought yet. Esp since you dont own it yet, for 2 reasons. 1. You dont know what you dont like about it. 2. And more importantly you dont own it yet, why buy a gun with what you'd consider "problems" when you can buy one that is perfect for you?

For example, if you dont like the thickness of grip, the grip angle and the trigger pull. Why spend a bunch of money buying the gun, then a bunch to modify the gun and potentially make it less reliable when you can buy one that has a better grip for you and a better trigger right out of the box?

9. Tarowah

Tarowah

I will echo these comments, I always tell people that are new to Glock and plan on using the gun for self defense to leave the gun bone stock for the first 1000 rounds, if at that point the gun is not shooting the way you would like then mod away, this way you have a nearly 100% chance that the problems with the way the gun is shooting it you and not something you have done to the gun. (IE you will prob shoot low left heheh)

Welcome to the forums and enjoy the G27.

10. VAisForGlockers

VAisForGlockers

Welcome! The only thing I would add is the following:

-Range time/membership
    -Ammo
    -More range time
    -More ammo
    -More range time.....

You can see where this is going :supergrin: With the exception of sights and grips, Im not always a huge fan of "modding" a gun per say. Very few people can "outshoot" the gun as it comes stock.

11. hoffy

hoffy

I would go with a 23, but that is just me. I have several Glocks and the only modification I make are sights. A lot of people put lighter trigger connectors in but I shoot fine with them stock, just practice.An extended slide release makes more sense to me, but I am recovering from a broken arm, and have never been a fan of the slingshot method of slide release(might as well introduce new people to pounded into earth debates). Some people find the grip of the Glock just too much if their hands are small, and I concur with those who suggest running some rounds down range before dropping dough. Welcome!

12. Larry V

Larry V

I agree

13. Foxtrotx1

Foxtrotx1

good choice. Don't fall into the aftermarket part pit that so many are sucked into.

14. Xtra-Cheeze

Xtra-Cheeze

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR ADVICE AND COMMENTS .. i HAVE SHOT THIS GUN LOTS OF TIMES AT THE RANGE , I RENT IT ALL THE TIME . IT FITS ME PERFECT , THATS WHAT IM GETTING .

15. VAisForGlockers

VAisForGlockers

There are a LOT of holster choices and a LOT of great ones out there. A good shop/range will let you try them out to see how they fit you. I have a Crossbreed Supertuck and LOVE it. Can carry my 19 or 26 in it depending on time of year.

16. rsxr22

rsxr22

i would go with the Tru-Glo TFO's. They are the brightest sight period. night and day. Botachtactical.com is selling them for $59 right now as well!!! Like many others have said, the longer barrel is normally for the cool effect. I run an extended threaded barrel in my G19 because it is my primary carry and HD gun. At home, i run the gun suppressed and that is why i have a threaded barrel

17. rsxr22

rsxr22

if your going to be using the 27 as a HD gun, you might want to invest in a weapon mounted light. As far as HD goes, this is probably the most important upgrade, even more than night sights, because NS dont help you see at night they just will help to illuminate in a low light situation. And when using a light, your NS will be null and void anyway.

18. Xtra-Cheeze

Xtra-Cheeze

How can i do that on a 27 ?

19. vmann

vmann Controller

get a 23, put a light on it and leave that in your house...keep the 27 on your side...

20. rsxr22

rsxr22

LOL im sorry, i wasnt really thinking! I have 2 19's, one has the grip chopped to the same size as the 26, to accept 26 mags. So therefore i can mount a light