Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went out down by Mokapu point today to go hang out by the tide pools. I've lived here almost 3 years and this is only my 2nd time going...Its always fun over there because its usually tourists, the crowd changes every weekend and you always have cool people to hang out with.

On the way over we saw some Humpback whales and some sea turtles.

The tide pools themselves are full of fish, but today there were some pretty big ones. I saw an Uhu that must've weighed at least 15 lbs. The thing was massive considering he was in a tide pool smaller than most swimming pools.

Our destination.

The hike down isn't bad, but the hike up is no joke...

She just got done slapping her tail against the water.

Here you can faintly see Molokai on the horizon underneath the clouds.

Heres a neat little blow hole called "The Dragon's Nostrils". When it gets really good the tide pushes mist out both holes that looks just like its namesake.

·
Banned
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
The coastline down Sandys Beach, Kokohead, towards Hanauma Bay.

Fish in the Tidepools

Tidepools and the coastline

Tidepool before the surf

Tidepool after a huge wave slammed into the rocks. I tried to get a pic of the actual water but the white splash mixed with the sky behind it didn't turn out well.

Weather was typical January/August/Whenever weather. Low 80s, no clouds, wind 15 knots outta the Northeast. I got a pretty nasty sunburn.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing. You haven't run across Barry's birth certificate over there have you?:supergrin:

·
Banned
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Really.

3 years there in USMC. Couldn't wait to get out of there.
April will be 3 years on kbay for me. Most of the people I've met that don't like hawaii were barracks rats, hoodlums from philly, or arrogant drunk hicks that get their ass kicked in every weekend by locals. The only thing I don't enjoy is the lack of ccw and "green" everything. Other than that what could you possibly not enjoy?

·
Registered
704 Posts
April will be 3 years on kbay for me. Most of the people I've met that don't like hawaii were barracks rats, hoodlums from philly, or arrogant drunk hicks that get their ass kicked in every weekend by locals. The only thing I don't enjoy is the lack of ccw and "green" everything. Other than that what could you possibly not enjoy?

enjoy those plastic bags while you can. Maui just banned them. how the he** am i sposed to get my take out home, without it leaking all over the damn car? damn tree huggers.

·
Banned
25,490 Posts
I'd move back in a New York minute if I did not like living where I am now so much!!!

BTW-- I used to get baby Moray Eels from the tide pools for my fishtank(s)

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Like anywhere else, once you get over all the fun stuff, it boils down to how well you can actually live somewhere. I'd rather have good friends and a great job in Fargo than crappy living in California.

Nice pictures though, I'd like to visit someday. Is it true that the Islands are the most remote in the world?

·
Registered
15,731 Posts
Really.

3 years there in USMC. Couldn't wait to get out of there.
Lived on Kauai for 2 years...

Also couldn't wait to get off of that island of dysfunction...:upeyes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts