close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I'm going to the AMA races at Cal Speedway this weekend!!!

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by fnfalman, Apr 28, 2006.

1. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I'm not much of a race fan, but I wanna go on Saturday to check out the supermoto race. I believe that the new Aprilia V-twin motard is going to be there and I'd like to see how well it runs.

Sunday is Superbike, of course. Ben Bostrom is going to be there. I'd like to see if he's going to do well on his Duck or not. The Bostrom Brothers are very personable folks. They came to a couple of the bike nights that I frequent and BS around a bit with the fans without having to act all hoity toity.

I told Eric that he needs to get rid of his personal R1 and get a real Italian V-twin. :clown:

2. EvilBlack10mm

EvilBlack10mm 10mm worshipper

Have fun on Saturday, you'll enjoy it. I have to wait until August for AMA to get here in Virginia. :frown:

3. norton

norton

Hey, cool picture.
    I met one of my favorite riders at Daytona about 15 years ago.
    Wes Cooley.
    For you youngsters, he was a superbike rider with Yosh Suzuki back in the 70's, and also rode for R. Muzzy on a Kawasaki in the 80's.
    He was coming out of a hotel I was staying at. Very personable guy, spoke with him for about 10 minutes.
    I also met a cousin of Jamie James at a hotel in Ohio before a superbike race at Mid Ohio a few years later. She had some great stories to tell about Mr. James.