Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
9,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on a bunch of waiting lists online, received an email that one was available for $700 at 3 am, tried to buy it when I woke up at 4:30 am, and it was gone.

I'm number 1 on my NJ FFL's list, number 6 on my PA FFL's list, but neither can get them. The PA dealer is high volume, but nothing.

I'm sick of seeing the $1200 - $1800 ones on Gun Broker.
We know their worth $600, and yet I'm expected to pay three times that?

I've been a gun owner since 1992, and I've never seen this before. A discontinued gun (BHP), that supposedly nobody wanted, and there's this insanity.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I'm on a bunch of waiting lists online, received an email that one was available for $700 at 3 am, tried to buy it when I woke up at 4:30 am, and it was gone.

I'm number 1 on my NJ FFL's list, number 6 on my PA FFL's list, but neither can get them. The PA dealer is high volume, but nothing.

I've been a gun owner since 1992, and I've never seen this before. A discontinued gun (BHP), that supposedly nobody wanted, and there's this insanity.

what's the allure? It's a clone of a pistol "nobody wanted."

·
Registered
267 Posts
I understand your anticipation. I want one as well, but my desire is somewhat tempered by that “first model year” reluctance.

I succumbed to the temptation with the LCP Max and as luck would have it, I had many failures to eject during the first range session. Off it went to Ruger, but it will be back next week with a brand new slide, barrel, extractor and slide stop. Hard to beat Ruger’s customer service.

Reactions: Cambo

·
Registered
8,543 Posts
It's not just shooters, it's "collectors," "speculators," "middle men," and boy-scout "opportunists." I already figured it'd be about March before I get mine. I can wait. Hell, I went almost a year with no more than about 200 rds of pistol ammo. Nothing is surprising anymore. Just chalk it up like that poor ole guy in the Oval; "It's all somebody else's fault!"

·
Registered
267 Posts
It's not just shooters, it's "collectors," "speculators," "middle men," and opportunists. I already figured it'd be about March before I get mine. I can wait. Hell, I went almost a year with no more than about 200 rds of pistol ammo. Nothing is surprising anymore.
Heck, just listen to that guy in the Oval; "It's all somebody else's fault!"
“C’mon, man!” 😂😂😂

Reactions: Bradley T and Cambo

·
Registered
9,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wasn’t this gun just released/officially announced like 3 weeks ago?

Amazon really has ruined us with this same day/next day delivery stuff.
You're right, I've never seen the Gun Broker profiteering on a particular gun like this though. Yes, I know, supply and demand and all that.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
I like to see the high prices on GB. I follow them and love to see them sit and prices drop. Made an offer on a Colt Detective and got laughed at. So I followed it. Ended up buying another one. Seller contacted me 3 months later asking if I wanted it for my offer. NOPE!

·
Registered
9,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like to see the high prices on GB. I follow them and love to see them sit and prices drop. Made an offer on a Colt Detective and got laughed at. So I followed it. Ended up buying another one. Seller contacted me 3 months later asking if I wanted it for my offer. NOPE!
Haha, that's great!

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
All I remember from owning BHP's are hammer bites and some occasional slide bites. Trigger is gritty and accuracy is so so. An entry level, semi-custom 1911 is probably more worth waiting for.
That is your POV. Just like a cup of coffee is half empty, to others it is half full.

·
Daca is caca
3,988 Posts
I had a belgian/Portugal I liked it. Shouldn't have sold it

Reactions: Cambo
1 - 20 of 54 Posts