GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Scouts Out
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a Glock 17 with RMR for several years now. I've had operation after operation fixing a serious military injury and it is one of two guns that I've been able to shoot.
Sam Spade got me into the RMR so I thought I'd give it a try. Darned if I'm not getting pretty darn good with it.
Now Jim Nelson made me a IWB holster that I can wear on my new ceramic hips and suddenly I've become fully function-able. Feels pretty good actually.

·
Gunslinger
1,660 Posts
That's awesome! I am of the belief that a sidearm should be chosen based upon the individual preference and needs of the user, rather than what is popular or works best for others. It sounds like you have found a good fit for your needs and preferences.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Out of the Glock I have had my G17 gen 5 I can shoot the best, I also like the balance overall l. I just pick up a G17 gen 5 MOS and I like it a lot so for the moment I have 3 G17's and no plan to change that.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Im glad you could find a platform that allows you to shoot. It takes some people years of buying and selling guns to find the right "balance" in a firearm. Glad its a 17 for you, you cant go wrong with that. Ive come back to glock and settled on the 26 platform. The glock barrels can shoot some amazing groups stock.
Ps, thank you for your service.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Picture of G17 would be good. Don't let the wife or GF know you are straying.

·
"Cynical Little me"
7,171 Posts
Outstanding its good your out and enjoying the sport again. I dont have the 17 but I have a 34 and its so much fun to shoot I have to actually leave it at home or I'll never get around to shooting anything else.

·
Director of civil unrest
9,248 Posts
My G19 is my EDC but my favorite GLOCK to shoot is my G17. That gun is so well balanced and it fits my hand perfectly! In the Winter, I sometimes carry it in a nice Bianchi owb rig under a heavy coat. Very comforting!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I like the G 17, also with this size grip you can get a fast grip on it if needed . I try smaller guns and to have one on is a good thing , but it makes it harder to get a quick draw on , I will stick with the full size .

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Love for inanimate objects is called objectophilia. May I suggest you see a therapist before this relationship gets out of hand?

;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts