Glock Talk banner
81 - 99 of 99 Posts

· Registered
6,731 Posts
Yunno, I've often thought about this, kinda like when do you give up your keys?

............. naw not yet! I still really enjoy my guns, even if I don't shoot them all! I've got a three year old 930 Mossberg that's still a virgin, but i love it!

I will leave my small collection to my kids. They are worth way more to me than their monetary value!

· Registered
2,012 Posts
Simple it’s what you use, I have a shotgun for birds, slug gun for deer, two CC handguns, a big bore handgun. That’s my needs.

a couple of handguns that I’m going to sell but waiting for the right time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
729 Posts
That's kind of a coincidence. I'm down to two safes full of guns.

· Registered
32,986 Posts
It is about whatever you want. Something about freedom and spend or sell based on your own choices.

I'm basically set with what I have, but I have a few more wants. Have to balance that against money for other expenses in life, too.

If I had a $ million to spend, I could see me buying another hundred guns. Collectables for the fun of it. But without that extra money burning a hole in my pocket, I'll just stay at my level and enjoy hunting, shooting, and reloading for what I do have. Fortunately no need or desire to sell anything off :)

· Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
It is about whatever you want. Something about freedom and spend or sell based on your own choices.

I'm basically set with what I have, but I have a few more wants. Have to balance that against money for other expenses in life, too.

If I had a $ million to spend, I could see me buying another hundred guns. Collectables for the fun of it. But without that extra money burning a hole in my pocket, I'll just stay at my level and enjoy hunting, shooting, and reloading for what I do have. Fortunately no need or desire to sell anything off :)
Thank you for your excellent response, I couldn't agree more!

· Registered
6,731 Posts
As much as I'd love to thin the collection out, I'm having a hard time deciding what would be on the chopping block.
Call Dani from American Pickers and have her send Mike and Frank over! That should work!

Better yet, maybe she'll come and ask you to show her your..............."guns!" ;)

· Premium Member
2,340 Posts
I like the idea of having one in each hand too!! (I hope that doesn't suggest I should "JUST" own two though :)
Haa! I just grabbed two loaded guns to see how that feels again, it has been decades since I did that. Felt great!

Reactions: 1911poor

· Registered
829 Posts
I don't know if i could get down to just 2

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

· Registered
371 Posts
A timely subject. I am 72 and have been working part time 20 hours a week the past 2 and a half years. I've been on a gun buying binge getting all the guns I wanted for retirement. I got carried away of course and wondering besides the money tied up in guns how my wife and son will deal with the arsenal when I'm gone. I shopped the purchases well and got good prices. My son lives out of state and hopefully he will visit this summer. I want him to designate any guns he wants-all of them if he really wants them, then I think guns he doesn't want and I don't shoot very often I go about selling. Strange but some of the guns I don't shoot much I recently purchased and are really nice-Dan Wesson Pointman 9, S&W 686 Plus Performance Center, S&W 65 3" RB Custom Shop (not many of these) and Glock 34. Except for the Glock I bought these because they are really finely built firearms. I shoot my Glock 43, 26, 19 with a .22 AA kit, Ruger LCR .357, LCR .22 lr and S&W Victory and some .22lr rifles most of the time. Not sure why I went on the buying binge the past two years. Seems a bit "crazy" now! On the other hand (don't we love to rationalize) the two Smiths and Dan Wesson will likely appreciate over time. Some of my .22 rifles I purchased within the last five yeas are already worth more than I paid for them-CZ 453 Varmint, Bruno model 3 (1955), Marlin 39A (1983). I bounce between "why did I do this and gee I got some really nice firearms"-one day I'll grow up-maybe lol

· Registered
829 Posts
I really like my Glock 34. Makes me giddy as to how easy it is to shoot well on the steel targets and compared to my 1911's how CHEAP it was.
If get the chance to shoot a 17l it will make you even more giddy. I just sold my 34 after picking up the 17l. I it is accurate out at long dance with these hienie straight eights installed. I also went with poly 80 frame. Sooooo sweet

Reactions: Cambo

· Registered
829 Posts
I have shot 17's and 19's frequently, though none newer than gen3. Got the 34 by accident. Turned out to be a good thing.

I am looking fwd to a 17l too.
17l gen3 only. Haven't seen or heard if they will come out with gen4 yet. They are produced limited quantity, that's what makes them more expensive. Retailers and market demand. The 17l shot well enough with gen3 frame. I used the poly80 frame as it already had desired touches I was looking for. Slightly slimmer feel than gen3 oem frame but that might be just an illusion. The poly80 frame and 17l upper great match. Using the 17l frame as base for my AA 17 22lr conversion kit. I even put togehter a 19 from poly80 frame and base after market 19 slide. Both very nice. If you ever get the chance to shoot a 17l you will know what I mean. The 34 is super sweet but the 17l is just that much better. 17l and 19 great do all combo.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.