Glock Talk banner

I'm down to two Guns...

8535 Views 98 Replies 71 Participants Last post by  arrtvandelay
My Glock Gen4/19FS and my Sig P229 Nitron. I enjoy shooting both of them immensely. Both are Keepers!
Gun Handgun holster Airsoft gun Gun accessory Starting pistol
41 - 60 of 99 Posts

· Registered
8,591 Posts
... ther way, I'd like to whittle it down to two as well. I'm a minimalist and I don't like clutter. Dad was the same way. He was down to one .357mag revolver when he died.
My Dad's only handgun at his passing was a USGI 1911A1 he had from WWII.

· Registered
8,591 Posts
I can't comprehend a shooting enthusiast having only two guns, not nearly as much variety as one should/can enjoy ...
Don that is because in the 'Circle of Life' everyone is at a different place. I can see having one and enjoying it.

If you are disabled or in poor health it is hard to find a place to shoot. Of course some people live rural and can shoot off the porch or out the kitchen window.

· NRA "Benefactor Life" Member
727 Posts
I had a Glock 42 and regret selling it. May have to rethink this. If I can find one at the right price, I will jump on it. Loved mine!
While I'm not a huge fan of the .380, I did want a warm weather pistol and the G42 fit the bill perfectly. I had a Ruger LCP and every time I shot it, the side of my knuckle on my middle finger felt like it was hit by a ball-peen hammer. Now I'm used to recoil, but the grip was just too small for me to get a good grip. The G42 is the perfect size and it is also one of my more accurate pistols. I put TFO sights on it and think it's the perfect pocket pistol.

· Registered
113 Posts
I like my 42 very much. Great little shooter! However, I was very interested in the Browning Black Label and the Baretta Cheetah for a time. But I realized I needed neither and wanted something else and less expensive more than those. I love the 380 round. Just wish they were priced more like a 9mm.

· Registered
2,023 Posts
^ it used to be, when I bought my BDA back in 03 .380acp was $1.00 a box more than 9mm. When the pocket pistol craze started the ammo companies saw an opportunity to cash in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· On the day of your birth death began stalking you
10,785 Posts

· Registered
1,045 Posts
I am 50 and had only three Guns (.38 S&W revolver, G26 Gen3, G27 Gen4) for the longest time. This past week I bought a Benelli Supernova Tactical 12Ga Shotgun, a Glock 17 Gen 3, and tomorrow I mail the money order out for the 1982 S&W 60 Chiefs Special I won off Gun Broker.

There is a thread just posted about a bill being introduced in Congress by Democats outlawing the sale, transfer, or manufacture of semi-auto shotguns with a pistol grip, semi-auto rifles with detachable magazines.

So looks like I will buy the Glock 30SF and Benelli M2 I want. I really have no other wants/needs.

· Premium Member
2,340 Posts
^ it used to be, when I bought my BDA back in 03 .380acp was $1.00 a box more than 9mm. When the pocket pistol craze started the ammo companies saw an opportunity to cash in.
I have a second G-42 that I just got this year. My first 380 was a S&W Sigma 380, after I shot it a bit I wanted something better so in '88 I bought my Browning BDA, a gun I still have and love. Every now and then I buy another 380. 42's are keepers too.

Reactions: PeterG
41 - 60 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.