Glock Talk banner
21 - 40 of 99 Posts

· NRA "Benefactor Life" Member
727 Posts
I plan on selling off most of my collection in a few years. No need to die with a bunch of money tied up in guns when I could enjoy it doing other things. I still plan to keep 5 or 6 though.
Keeping all mine. Grand babies being raised right. I built a 10/22 from Kidd, Volquartsen, and Whistle Pig parts. It's purple and silver and my Granddaughter Ava (5 years old) has already laid clam to it. Teaching them safety now, shooting soon and when I get older they will have the guns to remember me by.

· Registered
3,832 Posts
I recently traded a Mossberg 500 for work on my truck. That gets me down to ten guns. Only purchase I plan this year is a 380 ACP of some type and maybe a P365 if they work the bugs out. I don't want or need more than that.

· Registered
134 Posts
When I started purchasing guns and entered the "gun enthusiast" realm, knowing my proclivity for spending money, I quickly set a maximum number of firearms I would own at any one time. I confess the wife had something to do with this as well. ;) 5 handguns, 1 rifle! If I must have a new one, I have to sell one. The fact that I generally sell at a loss helps me curb my appetite for the latest toy. This self imposed restriction also helps me make sure that every gun I own has a specific use...be it HD, CC, range, or SHTF!

Carry on...

· Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Dang Slugo, for a while there you were posting a new gun every week.

What happened?
I guess I'm tired of wearing out my credit card. Basically, I'm an avid clay shooter. Figured I would dump the handguns I rarely use. Used the cash to buy two new shotguns which I use or will use a lot. My Sig and Glock are my absolute favorites! I really enjoy shooting both of them!

· Registered
2,012 Posts
when I told my wife I wanted a new gun she’d say fine then how much? A $500. Gun would cost me 1k with her “cut”.

Plan B was to trade, no money exchanged no cut.

Through that I came to the realization that I like Freedom more than stuff so being a wage slave just to accumulate guns wasn’t cutting it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.