GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
13,917 Posts
Saw an article about guns in America by state, and Texas isn't first by a long shot. Check your state out here. Some of y'all ought to be flat out embarrassed!

http://bit.ly/gunsinusa
I think Texans like to think of themselves as more free than they really are. Iran Whataburger sold to investors on Chicago. They California my Texas.
OK is the place to be.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Venor ergo sum
3,308 Posts
Registered? I prefer my guns the way democrats prefer their aliens,.........undocumented.

The whole article is fake news. We don't register guns in AZ, so where did that number come from?

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
It is pure B... S....!

We don't register guns. I would believe that there is at least one gun for every man, women or child. Such as a family of five would have at least five guns. Even people I know that don't hunt own more than one gun. In my forty years here I only know of a few cases of no guns in home. They weren't anti gun just didn't have one.

So consider the source, CBS

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
30,000,000 million folks live in Texas. Another 5,000,000 illegals not on the books.

Some guns are not on the books either
There's easily over 30,000,000 guns in Texas

·
Registered
10,519 Posts
If you've bought a gun from a dealer in at least the last 20 years (maybe much more), it can be traced to you as the first purchaser. What you may claim to have done with it after you bought it, is up to you.

But they aren't going to believe all those boating accidents, or I sold it to someone else, that I don't remember their name, when the day comes.

If that's not registration, I don't know what is. I know I'll get flamed for that, but so what. It's true.

Abolish 68 GCA, BATF, and all those other unconstitutional gun controls. Guns should be sold 'cash and carry'. Nothing else.

·
Registered
8,992 Posts
Complete lies. There are more guns than people in the US, so their numbers don’t add up.

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I think Texans like to think of themselves as more free than they really are. Iran Whataburger sold to investors on Chicago. They California my Texas.
OK is the place to be.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
I agree with you there. Too much outside big money has moved in during my lifetime. Used to be we just dealt with rich Texans, but now we deal with rich people who think they're rich Texans.

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,456 Posts
What a load of BS. I don't know anyone in KY that doesn't have at least 4 or 5

Reactions: Wyoming

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
I am not wasting my time clicking the link.
There is not a person on this earth that has a remote clue as to how many guns are in any geographical area.

·
Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer
116,456 Posts
https://www.gunstocarry.com/concealed-carry-statistics/

I can't vouch for this site but it claims there are 17 million ccw permits as of 2017.

At least 17 states no longer require a permit.

I'm sure Florida has the most permits, well over 2 million.

Some gunowners likely don't have permits, such as Fudds with shotguns and criminals.

And of course, many or more likely most, gunowners own several guns. Or lotsa guns.:rofl:

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
List is bogus, and Texas is one of the most over rated 2a states in the union, they just recently got open carry...

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,992 Posts
List is bogus, and Texas is one of the most over rated 2a states in the union, they just recently got open carry...

Open carry is over rated. We may not have always had the best gun laws, but we do have some of the most liberal deadly force laws. And I don’t mean politically liberal.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
It’s NFA items right? How the heck are there that many NFA items in DC?

Reactions: Ranger357

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Open carry is over rated. We may not have always had the best gun laws, but we do have some of the most liberal deadly force laws. And I don’t mean politically liberal.
I'm not a fan of open carry, but your state is pretty lame if they wait until 2016 to legalize it...

21 - 40 of 52 Posts