close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Im Declaring the Ruger SR9c fit for duty!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by CBennett, Feb 22, 2010.

1. CBennett

CBennett

After a good cleaning and taking out the firing pin/striker after the last range trip and cleaning the gunk out of that I took the Ruger SR9c back to the range day for a getting it ready for CC range test. Previously id put a box of 115 grain Blazer aluminum through it with absolutley no failures. Then I had some troubles with some WWB 115 grain stuff...Took gun home cleaned it up good. Took it back out today for a test so far 100 rounds through it B4 this and decent.

Well im convinced it was just the WWB that screwed up the gun or the gun does not like.. Shot another full box of WWb 115 grain today 49 perfect/1 did the same thing as last time, the primer was hit(dent in primer) and when I tried to refire it it did shoot.. the other 49 went off perfect 49/1.

second box up for trial was another box of Blazer Aluminum 115 grain fired enter box no failures of any kind..checked primers all the ones i picked up exhibited solid hits. 50/50

third box up was a box or 115 grain Remington UMC this box also ran 100% 50/50.

4th box up was American Eagle 147 grain flat points(all the others to this point were round noses FMJ). This grain and ammo seemed to be a softer shooter than the others. This box also fed and worked 100% 50/50

last was a box of my proposed carry ammo full box of Speer Gold Dot 124 grain HP's all fed 1005 no malfunctions...you know your shooting something relatively hot with this SD round compared to the practice ammo. it was easily picked out as the sharpest recoil but very manageable still.

accuracy was great out to 12 yards where it starts to open up some(from 1 ragged hole) and at 15 all still center mass but not all in same hole like closer 3-12 yards. Thats about 270 rounds including a box of my carrry ammo..she worked great today. im declaring it fit for carry after a good cleaning...now I just gotta go buy more Gold Dot....frakin $19 a box :)

2. El_Ron1

El_Ron1 AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

3. oldnoob

oldnoob

Good lucky with your new CC piece.

I don't own one but shot one. I like it a bit more than a Simga, but still far less than any of my $500 range poly pistols. For under $400 though, it's a great service pistol.

4. ronin.45

ronin.45

I shot a SR9 for the first time yesterday and it was reliable but the trigger was terrible. I would need to get the trigger fixed before I would be happy with it.

5. CBennett

CBennett

the SR9 and the SR9 Compact have 2 totally different triggers the SR9 ive not shot..the SR9c is Glock like...id favorably compare it to the trigger on my glock 23 I traded in on it. its about 2 pounds lighter than the SR9 trigger and is well just different/improved from the SR9.

6. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

7. moeman

moeman

My WWB experience is more like 1 in 500-1000 round that don't fire or have some other problem--this is across a dozen or so pistols shooting 3 different calibers.

That said, I know some pistols just don't like certain ammo.

Enjoy your Ruger

8. CBennett

CBennett

thats all I can figure out its 100% not a single jam FTF/FTE nothing over100 rounds of Blazer, 50 rounds rounds Remington UMC. 50 rounds of American Eagle, 20 rounds of Speer Gold Dot hollow points..but problems with WWB...I just will ignore WWB lol. and even on this last box of WWB only 1 fail to fire..i can ive with that. I will just pay the extra $1 for UMC American Eagle or Blazer :) which all ran 100%. IF id have had problems with everything id have went back written Ruger and asked what was wrong but out of 4 boxes today 1 bullet...of the same kind it didnt like before either isnt getting me worked up.

But I do agree I myself had only had a few limited problems with WWB with the Glock....one that actually ejected funky..came out and hit me right in the eye on ejection...and one that was almost a squib.....I actually had to check the barrel because it felt like shooting a .22 on that one...