Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mas:

I currently carry a Kahr K9 (7+1 magazine) with CrimsonTrace grips. It is loaded with 124gr HP and a spare magazine is carried with an additional 7 rounds. It fits my hand well and thus far, has functioned well. It is also very accurate. I also have both a Glock 26 and a 27. They do not seem to fit my small hand quite so well. The trade would be capacity for comfort as well as perhaps additional tranquility given the additional rounds available. In the case of the 26, I also have 15 round mags with grip adapters. This would be a 100% increase in round capability. As a side note, 50 years ago I received my first NYC carry permit. At that time, I carried a Colt Agent with six rounds plus an addional six in a belt pouch and felt well armed. Times change and I therefore ask for your advice.

Would you also be able to tell me just why Khar discontinued the electroless nickel finish. Was it due to cost or durability concerns? I have one in pristine condition in my safe.

Thank you

·
KoolAidAntidote
5,905 Posts
Romadoc, the question on Kahr finishes is best directed to the factory. I'm not on top of that one.

The balance between size and portability/concealability, versus power and round count, is always going to be an issue. For a lot of folks, having both types of pistol as you do allows you to tailor the gun you choose for the day with your plans and wardrobe for the day. Gives you the best of both worlds,
really.

best,
Mas

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MAS:

I'm using 124gr +P Golden Sabre which I happen to have unopened boxes of. Would this be OK by current standards ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts