Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahhhh, yes, the ride.

I've spent the last ten years riding in Florida and have developed a style that serves me well. It may work in Florida but I had to throw all that out.

My first pass at "the dragon" was pitiful. You cannot get to the NC side of the dragon without going through what is just a taste of what lies ahead. My comfort level was up some after the ride there. It still took me at least half way through before I brought my skill level up to the average girl rider.

I got the trail braking sorted first, then became more aware of my entry point at each turn. That's a lot of entries. Soon it was like riding a mini roller coaster. Good stuff! I managed to make the flat area around the middle of the tire a little narrower. I cut my chicken strips in half. Still a little left but I'm ok with that.

The next two passes were much better. My comfort level was higher and I just rode through to have fun. I waved the motards and the BMW dweeb by. I did get held up by some cruisers however.

All in all it was the vacation I had hoped it would be. It's been 30 years since I first heard of Deals Gap. And this was my first visit. It was perfect.

I must say that western NC is beautiful. Every photo op is picture postcard perfect. Every road seems better than the last.

It was my first time there. I will return.

Yeah, we had a good time.........

:cool:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And my favorite part of the week was doing the Cherohala Skyway. Much more Busa friendly. Long sweepers, many overlooks and greater elevation changes.

I "let" a Ducati pass me.:upeyes:

:cool:

·
On the Right.
1,235 Posts
I will be doing the dragon this weekend with my honda, too bad its a civic cage :frown: Next year I will have my sv650!

·
Registered
105 Posts
A Busa? at the Gap? now thats a lesson in self control! glad you survived. I went through on my '03 Gixxer 1000 and that was fun, a little hairy, next day we did the Cherohala and I was on a '03 ZX6RR and that was a rip!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts