"I'm Back Home!!" - Tony Clemens

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Clem, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Clem

Clem

After having what was described as a "massive heart attack" on 25 March, and spending 12 days in the Methodist Hospital here in San Antone, tonight I'm back home. Thankfully, I have no memory of the first 7-8 days. I can say, however, that the care and attention I received from day one until my discharge this evening from Methodist was absolutely first-rate. I've been unable to post or even review the posts here on GT since this happened, but one of my great co-workers would print them out and bring them to me. I failed to ever make it through the new ones dry-eyed. I saw that Bobby Carver and Thane Bishop were posting updates, and for that I'm very appreciative. Thanks, guys.
    I cannot begin to adequately express the appreciation that Donna and I have for all the prayers, thoughts and well-wishes. Please accept our very sincere, heart-felt "Thank You." I found out (the hard way!) that I have many, many more friends than I ever realized. My ever-present Mom, brother and sisters were astonished by the outpouring shown by y'all. I can't begin to list everyone individually because I know that if I forgot to list even one, I would feel terrible for doing such a disservice. So, please know how much each and every one of you mean to Donna, my family and myself. I can't say enough about the responses received from my co-workers, work associates, reps, customers, etc. Let me say that, like the song says, "You find out who your friends are." I have, and I'm enormously humbled.
    It's real late, I'm real tired & need to get some rest, but I can't close this without expressing my appreciation to my lovely wife, Donna. She's the most devoted, loving wife a guy could be blessed with, and way better than I deserve. I knew she loved me before this, but her devotion, support and true love shown during this opened my eyes to an even higher level of love. Just when I thought I couldn't possibly, I find every day I love her even more. Thanks, Sweetie!
    I've learned that there are thousands of things we take for granted each & every day. I've learned I have a tremendous number of great friends, and will never take this for granted. Each of you are truly appreciated and loved, and I need to know y'all know this. Good night and thanks, God!!
    :hearts:

2. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

Atta boy Tony! Congrats!

Now keep up the good work and continue to get well (yeah, do what Donna says!), we're counting on you to set the pace at the next Team Carver Mounts 10K run! :)

:patriot:

3. ede

ede

it's great to hear you're back home and recovering. i hope and pray you continue to improve and to see you again soon at a GSSF match.

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Glad you home, my friend. Mine was minor. After 5 days and 4 nights in CCU, I was sent home to be cared for by the world's greatest RN, my wife-to-be Vickie.

5. gpsdiesel

gpsdiesel Senior Member

A man's worth is the sum of the love and respect he gets from family and friends. Tony you are a rich man. Take comfort in the fact that we all are supporting you as you make your way back to a full recovery. God bless you, family, friends,and the caregivers who helped along the way.

roger.

6. GLW

GLW

+1 :thumbsup:

Tony, glad you're home again! I can't wait to share another bowl of chips and salsa at 'on the border' with you and Donna at a match in the near future. Contine to get strong and I'll buy the first round when we meet again, teammate!! Grady

7. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Tony
    What unbelieveably GREAT news! WELCOME HOME! Follow the doctors orders (and Donna's) and we'll see you sometime soon ole friend!

Dan

8. Panhandle Bill

Panhandle Bill Senior Member

Tony / Donna,

GOD IS GOOD !!! Great to have you back posting. We love you both and look forward to seeing you at the range. Now, get some rest.

Bill

9. Invictus

Invictus

That's what you get for being part of the family, you are stuck with us now!
    Hang in there, we'll keep pulling for you!

10. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Welcome back Tony and Donna. We will continue to keep the good thoughts and Prayers coming. I am so glad to see you home and doing so well. I know Donna will take great care of you. I am sure if you step out of line she will plant her foot in a good spot to get you attention. Her's hoping to a complete recovery and back to the range with us soon.

Don & Karen

11. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

This truly is good news. Having the original "smiling face" back is a great thing. Now if we can get you recovered by October and down to Georgia, maybe just a small amount of ice cream... I'll buy! :)

12. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

Glad you're back and "rarin'" to go. Listen to your wife and do what she says. You will be feelin' better in no time. You both are still in my prayers and I'm glad you're back to posting and feeling better. God Bless.

. . .Sharon

13. DKnight

DKnight Stock 17

Praise the Lord!! That is great news and we are thankful for the answered prayers! We look forward to seeing you and Donna again! David

14. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

Tony & Donna,
    I'm so glad things are working out for you. Never underestimate the power of God through prayer or the power of your friends to care about you!
    What all did they do to you?
    Keep up the good work, see y'all soon,
    :thumbsup:
    Mark & Lisa Miller

15. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Way to go Donna! Keep him doing just what the Doc's tell you he needs to be doing. I can't wait to see you both again. Tony keep getting better and do it slowly. My prayer are with you.

Pharaoh

Pete

16. FESTUS

FESTUS Guest

Home is where the heart is and home you are....:hugs: Glad to see the joyful result.

17. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

:therapy:

Tony, it's great to see you posting and back home again. We are all looking forward to sharing smiles with you soon. I can't wait to see you and Donna again.

Praise the Lord for all our answered prayers.

May God continue to bless you and Donna.

Your friend and teammate,
    Bobby Carver

18. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

19. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Tony, so glad to see you're home and I'm sure "The Donna" will keep you on the straight & narrow. Looking forward to seeing you both again at a match! All the best my friend!

As to the Team Carver Mounts 10K run that Butch mentioned to me yesterday, I'll do what I always do for retired cops...

Run the starter pistol and bring donuts! :supergrin:

:patriot:

20. geezer-lock

geezer-lock Guest

Here I am late again, but delighted to hear the good news. Get well and join us in Slaton in October.

David C