Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
NRA Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The new "Duke Nukem forever" is set to be released 5/3/11 it now has an AO ESRB. I have been waiting on this game for 12 years! It looks sweet.

It does have and adults only rating so I don't really know if I should post a link but I will anyway.

The trailer for the game has lots of blured out cgi and bad words.. nsfw?
Duke Nukem Forever

It looks like lots of fun.

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
Wow...

I had a playstation up until about two years ago, and I would play the original one once in awhile. It was the ultimate first person shooter console game for a long time. Can't wait.

P.S. for those who don't know, the title of this thread came from the original game, which was a reference to something Roddy Piper said in the alien movie: They Live

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gum."

·
Cajunator®
38,164 Posts
A friend used to play the original on his PC's. This is the first time I've seen anything since then. I just told my son that he can't have this one.

·
Registered
30,883 Posts
I just reinstalled duke nukem 3d from the disc last week. There is also a program to make it work, not dosbox. Played a little, but I have played Daggerfall more via dosbox. Got out of privateer's hold but haven't done much more than that.

Wonder if they are going to come out with a new Shadow Warrior.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
P.S. for those who don't know, the title of this thread came from the original game, which was a reference to something Roddy Piper said in the alien movie: They Live

I'ts pretty condescending to offer an explanation like that when nobody asked for it.

"They Live" isn't that obscure of a film.

Makes you come off like you think you are wiser then the rest of us.

·
Gen4 BETATester
5,297 Posts
not to rain on any one's parade but I would wait tell its released before getting excited. That games been in the making for years and years and years and has had so many release dates its not funny. Plus if memory servers me correctly its killed off 3 gaming companies lol. I do hope it gets released thought but I got a feeling its like Diablo 3 just a myth lol

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Wow...

I had a playstation up until about two years ago, and I would play the original one once in awhile. It was the ultimate first person shooter console game for a long time. Can't wait.

One of my favorite scenes in the movie...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp_K8prLfso&feature=related

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I'ts pretty condescending to offer an explanation like that when nobody asked for it.

"They Live" isn't that obscure of a film.

Makes you come off like you think you are wiser then the rest of us.
Good Lord man, I think you will need more than bubble gum to chill the Eff out

·
Registered
512 Posts
I can not wait. The shrinkray was the coolest ever. I used to dial-up to my buddy and play for hours. 2 person multiplayer was never as much fun

·
bad example
6,850 Posts
after waiting and continually being disappointed for over 10 years i think i'll believe it when i actually see it on the shelves.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Good Lord man, I think you will need more than bubble gum to chill the Eff out
I'm chill man, just don't care for people offering an explanation when none has been asked for.

If somebody said "Hey what is that line from" sure go ahead and offer the explanation.

Nobody asked.

I find it rude.

I refrained from saying something that would have been very funny but might have gotten me banned.

You don't know how tempted I was.

·
Registered
30,883 Posts
after waiting and continually being disappointed for over 10 years i think i'll believe it when i actually see it on the shelves.
I'll probably think I am hallucinating when I see it on the shelves. I won't even believe it then. I would have a little more confidence if there was a playable demo. Even one level.

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
I'm chill man, just don't care for people offering an explanation when none has been asked for.

If somebody said "Hey what is that line from" sure go ahead and offer the explanation.

Nobody asked.

I find it rude.

I refrained from saying something that would have been very funny but might have gotten me banned.

I just always found that a funny line, and duke nukem said it a lot better that rowdy roddy did. Sorry you were offended, though i am not sure I understand why...

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
I'll probably think I am hallucinating when I see it on the shelves. I won't even believe it then. I would have a little more confidence if there was a playable demo. Even one level.
Yeah no joke...

when 3-D realms went bankrupt, I read something about how they tried to bring this game to market several times, but the project manager sent it back for changes so many times that the development cost went through the roof.

·
NRA Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
not to rain on any one's parade but I would wait tell its released before getting excited. That games been in the making for years and years and years and has had so many release dates its not funny. Plus if memory servers me correctly its killed off 3 gaming companies lol. I do hope it gets released thought but I got a feeling its like Diablo 3 just a myth lol
So you are saying I shouldn't have made my preorder?

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
It looks REALLY good...but my computer is too old, I'm sure, to run it.:crying:

·
NRA Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It looks REALLY good...but my computer is too old, I'm sure, to run it.:crying:
I got out of PC gaming for just that reason. Every time a new game came out that I wanted I needed a new video card or ram... I preordered it for PS3..

·
back again
2,270 Posts

Nobody asked.

I find it rude.

What's that line from? :dunno:

There. I asked.

Easy, big fella.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts