I'm all for cops tuning punks up

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by hammerkill, Jan 13, 2020.

1. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

Nothing worse than a cop with a "Punisher" attitude. You wanna "tune folks up" got news for you, some don't roll over and I hope if your that kind of cop you get yours in turn.

thespork, dkf and jame like this.
  2. syntaxerrorsix

You have got to be ****ing kidding me.

3. agtman

agtman 10mm Philosopher

IMG_0262.JPG

:animlol: :rofl:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    dkf likes this.
  4. AdamRodgers

AdamRodgers "Facts matter, Feeling can lie" Docgkr

Well this is my $0.02 I have several friends that are LEO's State and Local, we get together and shoot quite a bit so I get to hear the stories, good and bad.

My Girlfriends Dad is a retired LEO, one of my Girlfriends Brother's is a Cop and the other is in the Military, so Holidays and get togethers are interesting. :D

They have a job, especially nowadays I would not want. These are good people that love there job & community and I feel privileged to call them my buddy's.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    MCCM likes this.
  5. Bullwinkle J Moose

Bullwinkle J Moose Quick! Duck!

All I can say from my experience is 45 some years ago 1 of my party of 3 smarted off to a cop after leading them on a high speed chase in downtown Decatur, GA. Hmmm, not a good move. The wise acre got his attitude adjusted by a few improvised (but skillfully choreographed) forced collisions between his head and the hood of his own car. Seeing that must have even adjusted my own attitude. I've have never given a cop any crap since and stopped hanging out with sketchy characters. And I might add that I've also never had my face wrinkles ironed out with a car hood.

MCCM likes this.
  6. F106 Fan

F106 Fan

We had a similar case here about 30 years ago where an officer was beaten to death with his own Maglite. The BG had just been released from years of prison physical training. Large Maglites are no long approved for carry.

I happened across a copy of California's PORAC magazine and, in the back, there are adverts for lateral transfers. Seems with time-in-grade plus advanced certificate and some undpecified amount of education, the laterals are all over $100k. Not all agencies are so well off but many are. Add some unspecified amount for overtime and hireback and earnings probably top $150k.

One advert stated +2.5% for Bachelor's and another 2.5% for Master's. They are obviously looking for upwardly mobile officers.

The job openings on the PORAC web site are not nearly as expansive as those in the magazine itself. I have no idea how to get a copy of the latest issue. Maybe it's as simple as a phone call.

https://porac.org/

MCCM likes this.
  7. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Those California agencies are paying over 100 grand because living is so expensive. In most of the Bay Area/Silicon Valley/ Monterey Bay area, the median house is 700-800K.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

8. GcB

GcB Can't type, don't spell, what's grammar.

[​IMG]

MCCM likes this.
  9. MCCM

MCCM

Nope. Don't break the law and you wont have to worry about anything. Why should some jackass who decides to run from the cops and endanger lives, be granted any mercy?

hammerkill likes this.
  10. syntaxerrorsix

Because he hasn't been convicted of anything. Ever heard of due process?

Are you completely loony toons?

Your advocating the death penalty based on the suspicion of a crime.

What if it was TP' ing house on Halloween? Death penalty if they run?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    jame, clancy and Pistolay like this.
  11. MCCM

MCCM

If the cop tells you to pull over and you decide to resist arrest or run away in a high speed chase, why do you get to endanger other non-lawbreakers lives because you think you are above the law, entitled to be a criminal or are just plane stupid. If you are ignorant enough to commit the crime and get caught by the police, at least be man enough to face the courts and don't run. How many innocent police or civilians have been hurt or killed because some idiot thought he could get away from the cops? Why do they have to suffer because of some loser?
    Doesn't sound to me that you are on the side of law enforcement at all. You advocate for the criminals to be criminals.

hammerkill likes this.
  12. syntaxerrorsix

It doesn't sound to me if you're on the side of constitutional rights or common sense so I'm going to go with loony toons. Enjoy your psychosis.

jame and clancy like this.
  13. agtman

agtman 10mm Philosopher

Not only high COL, but high turn-over as well.

High 'job dissatisfaction' being a cop in CA these days, although maybe it's not as bad in the isolated rural burgs and villages.

14. DirectDrive

DirectDrive

I say bring back the friendly "tune up".

:D

15. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 Unapologetic Deplorable.

Times have never been better to be an active resister. Just try to get a visible wound out of it and you'll make some cash. Ive known dead beats who had a part time job of sueing the Police.

16. uzimon

uzimon Daca is caca

17. agtman

agtman 10mm Philosopher

In theory that's why the tazer was developed.

The cover story is that it's a 'less lethal' subject-control device. ('Less lethal' is Police Academy cop-speak for a 'less-than-immediately-lethal' device. In contrast to a 'lethal' device like a firearm ... even though most folks shot by cops survive their gunshot wounds, while many folks have actually died after being tazed. :whistling:

In practice, however, the tazer is often used on recalcitrant subjects in place of the Old School 'tune-up.'

In point of fact, the tazer actually works better than the Old School method - in that it's far quicker at rendering the desired effect (an unconscious, or at least a numbed-n-dazed, subject); it's sufficiently painful to cause the subject to scream and wither uncontrollably on the ground; and it obviously involves less risk of officer injury as opposed to tuning up a perp 'hands-on.'

Plus, when it comes time to hand in the Use-of-Force report, a tazer deployment allows the officer a suffice to amount of wiggle room and plausible deniability in the documentation. ;) :thumbsup:

18. jd4223

jd4223

When in doubt about using deadly force,google Malice Green vs Detroit Police(Officers Butzen and Nevers) in the 80's and see where the 2 officers ended up when Coleman A. Young was the citys' first black mayor.

19. jame

jame I don't even know....what I'm doing here....

The same sorta thing happened to me.

Way back when my wife and I were young, we were on our way home from a party, and we started feeling a little frisky. We pulled off a country blacktop and parked in the yard of one of our farms. There was nothing there but a few trees, some grain bins, and the stars, when a county deputy and his trainee pulled in the check things out.

I buttoned things up, got out of the car, and began thanking them for keeping an eye on the place. Suddenly, things went south.

Junior cop jumped out of the passenger side of the patrol car and started sprinting to my car. As I looked back at the car, I could see why. My door didn’t close, and the dome light was on. You could see through the back window as she was frantically trying to get her clothes back on. Junior cop just wanted to catch a nice view, and I wasn’t going to take any of that.

As he ran past me, I clotheslined him by the collar, backed him up, and threw him on the hood of the patrol car. The next thing I knew, the senior cop had me face down on the same hood, and slapped the bracelets on me as he balanced himself with his knee on the back of junior cop.

He yelled “We’re all gonna settle down and have a talk, OK?”
    I promised my best behavior, and he ordered junior back in the car.

After another 2 or 3 minutes of scolding, I apologized again, and thanked him for keeping an eye on the place.

So there you have it, at least in one of my experiences. I met a true professional, and a punk with badge that night.