I'm all for cops tuning punks up

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by hammerkill, Jan 13, 2020.

1. RichardB

RichardB Matthew 25:31-46

So do the folks who can't win in a police beating become the ones that get even by ambushing cops?

I know it's too damned bizarre for a formal study but consider that ones own actions may affect other officers down the line.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2. jame

jame I don't even know....what I'm doing here....

Worth repeating. A punk with a badge is a scourge on society, no better than the SS in 1930's Germany.

3. Tacoma12

Tacoma12

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  4. irish_ironsight

irish_ironsight

Of I'm not mistaken, a number of Officers involved in that incident lost their jobs.

5. clancy

clancy

You think this is something new?

[​IMG]

Rizzo and AdamRodgers like this.
  6. F106 Fan

F106 Fan

It was the bizarro version that got everybody in LE on edge. Fortunately, somebody brought 'sanity' to the table and the worst of the changes were avoided. That doesn't mean it won't be back. Sanity doesn't usually hang around in California.

ateamer likes this.
  7. clancy

clancy

When I was a kid we had a neighbor who was a retired NYPD cop. He also was a Marine Raider in WW2. Definitely someone to not mess with. He told us kids lots of stories of street justice, where a simple wrong look could get someone's scalp massaged with a hickory shampoo.

Rizzo, arkdweller22 and wprebeck like this.
  8. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 Unapologetic Deplorable.

Never once saw it. No cop I ever worked with would hit you over the head with a stick for a simply "look". Nor would anyone Ive ever been around. Most who caught lumps were drunken idiots acting like fools and resisting arrest, usually after about 10 warnings to leave.

If you believe all the fake news stories or the edited video clips then your a sucker.

BTW what exactly are you supposed to do when you have a bunch of gangsters hanging on a corner and scaring the citizens from going out and using their own street that they paid for? I hope you have a better answer then what its come to cause now they laugh at the Police and taunt them when told to leave.

hammerkill and mike from st pe like this.
  9. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

No, just far more widespread. Have you noticed that the inner city areas of many major American cities are war zones, Clancy? That's the work of the Democrat party.

10. clancy

clancy

It isn't just the inner cities, but seemingly the majority of towns, big and small, too. When the police chief of Liberty, NY told my father that it wasn't safe for my son to walk on main street, at 10am, when he was 15 years old(he wanted to walk from where his mother worked to the local fitness center to work out for football, about 4 blocks), we are pretty much screwed.

11. mike from st pe

mike from st pe

Time to bring CORPORAL PUNISHMENT back.

hammerkill likes this.
  12. hammerkill

hammerkill Allegheny General

Cops have a miserable job and around here they don't make near enough. Imagine some punk spitting on you and you are supposed to show restraint?

13. arkdweller22

arkdweller22 Cuhootnified Roamer

I think this is part of the issue; most people don't think through a force encounter and how the brain/body reacts throughout.
    But then, most people nowadays have never been in a confrontation beyond yelling at their mom from the basement because they don't like the way she prepared their mac 'n cheese.

AdamRodgers likes this.
  14. arkdweller22

arkdweller22 Cuhootnified Roamer

They do if they're scared.

Guns should be drawn only to defend officers from attacks or aggression. A fleeing suspect will be caught eventually by the superior manpower and technology of a professional agency.
    No need to kill, maim or endanger others by launching unguided projectiles.

jame, AdamRodgers and syntaxerrorsix like this.
  15. sarge83

sarge83

There has to be some stiff penalties for flight, like mandatory jail time on top of any other crimes, especially these high speed pursuits for these scumbags.

I knew an old officer from 25-30 years ago what dealt with this problem with a local frequent flyer. He would get into a chase in the neighboring county and come to our small town and always hit one of the departments cruisers and then fight the officers and rant and rave. Finally one of the sergeants had had enough after another chase and this time a cruiser totaled. He had the frequent flyer in the back of his caged cruiser handcuffed but not buckled in. The guy was running that mouth as usual and it was around 2:00am and this old sergeant on a back road gunned the cruiser and took off and then in a bit slammed the brakes on and the punk smashes face first into the cage. Now he's threatening and cursing this sergeant for all he's worth and the cop guns the cruiser again to a high speed and locks up the brakes slamming the POS into the cage again.

Again more threats and profanity towards the sergeant. The sergeant floors the cruiser and is really going a good clip and by this time the punk is starting to say no-no! Brakes! Slam, face first into the cage again except this time he is begging the sergeant please, no more, I'm sorry. The sergeant said if you ever do another high speed chase in my city this will be 100 times worse, are we clear? Yes sir, yes sir, please just stop! He never came back into the city again in a chase. When they got to the jail the jailers looked at this guys bloody and banged up face and said what happened? Oh we were driving to the jail and deer jumped out in front of the vehicle and I had to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting it. This of course was pre-camera days so it was the officers word against the punks.

hammerkill likes this.
  16. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Where the turbines scream, and the door guns gleam

Sounds like the kind of quality officer that gives good cops a bad name.

jame likes this.
  17. Pistolay

Pistolay Wut? Silver Member

I respect the cops as much as anyone, but I've been around a long time, and this has never been 100% true. When I was living in the city in my 20s, I saw cops "tuning punks up" more than once for no reason other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time. There are bad apples in every group.

clancy likes this.
  18. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 Unapologetic Deplorable.

Which is kind of funny because I WAS a big city cop for over 3 decades and I never saw anyone getting "tuned up" for no reason once. Not once! And I saw a whole lot of force used working midnights for most of that time, force of all kinds and had to use it myself.

In '68 the Hippies were warned dozens of times to leave the park because it was after curfew. They responded by throwing feces, urine, and acidic's at the Police. Tough luck for them.

These Bar's and nightclub's are the worst. With the drunks the uniform and the squads are like a flame to a bunch of moths and before you know it your surrounded by a bunch of drunken 20-something idiots looking to fight while screaming the latest crap they heard on CNN. Honestly I just avoided them and responded slow, under the speed limit. If they want to bust their heads in drunken bar fights then bully for them.

Some nitwit who leads Police on a 100 mph chase thru a populated area is not a "victim" and I'm glad they stopped the chasing, now if only these kids listen. My last one, and I'll use the word "precinct" cause its cool, had one precinct chasing thru another where the SGT called it off, then thru another where they joined in, then another where we weren't allowed. You had 20 squads chasing passing 20 other squads just going about their day like the chase wasn't happening. It was like a scene out of Monty Python.

Which pretty much sum's up modern Policing today.

hammerkill likes this.
  19. Pistolay

Pistolay Wut? Silver Member

It almost happened to me once.

I was 22, recently separated from the Marine Corps, going to college on the GI Bill, and working at a dirty factory job in Waterbury, CT to (barely) make ends meet.

I was on my way home from work one day, driving an old beater and wearing my old greasy work clothes. I'm not sure if looking young and poor and having long hair is what got their attention, but a city cruiser came up behind me and put on the flashers. I pulled over, and the cruiser pulled up on my driver's side. I could see the young cop in the passenger seat yelling (really yelling) at me, but my window was up and I couldn't hear him. I rolled down my window and said "What did I do?" Apparently he didn't like my tone of voice, because suddenly the door was opening, he was getting out, still yelling, and from the look on his face, there was no doubt that he was coming to "tune me up."

Right then, the older cop who was driving reached over, grabbed him by the shoulder, pulled him back into the car, leaned forward so he could see me and said "Get out of here." I complied, and I never found out why they pulled me over in the first place.

That's only one example. I have others that actually involve physical violence.

20. Otto Pistol

Otto Pistol

I am reminded of a case about 40years ago. LEO (NYC?) was trying to arrest a miscreant. Miscreant resisted, fight ensues, miscreant get gets officer’s big flashlight and starts beating him. Officer draws weapon and fires, causing two wounds, each of which are fatal.

But miscreant ain't dead yet. Beats the officer to death and runs two blocks before he himself falls over dead.