I'm all for cops tuning punks up

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by hammerkill, Jan 13, 2020.

1. F106 Fan

F106 Fan

It sounds all very appropriate for the cops to whoop ass on miscreants but we just can't have that. The cops must ALWAYS take the high ground. And nearly every one does!

Just enough force to gain compliance and not one bit more.

Among other things, the taxpayers should care about this stuff. They're the ones paying the settlements. It's just another version of the California Lottery.

2. dg370

dg370

Hey maybe we can edit the video. Oh wait those days are long gone. Do the right thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Blanton

Blanton

Agree. There are professional LEOs who are trained and held to a higher standard of use of force to maintain integrity and public faith. Then there are the not so professional ones. Us civilians may allow our emotions to control certain responses to circumstances but the trained professionals should not.

Jringo8769, jame and DonD like this.
  4. MCCM

MCCM

I think that if you run from the cops, they should be able to shoot you. Innocent people don’t run.

5. newglocker10mm

newglocker10mm Texas Born & Bred

Back when we first got cameras in patrol cars all I heard was "it's just going to be used to bust all of us." Response: just don't do crap you're not supposed to and you don't have to worry about it. Our population went from about 17-20000 during the fall and winter to about 250000 after spring break until labor day. If you want a situation where excessive force is a big temptation, try dealing with a bunch of drunken college age idiots whose parents have made them feel above the law and entitled. During my tenure at that department, I think there was one excessive force complaint that was founded versus in excess of 20000 complaints. And the tapes were reviewed after all complaints by investigations, the chief and the DA. The accusatory's attorney was also invited.

OGW, rock185 and jame like this.
  6. jd4223

jd4223

I remember an incident over 20 years ago involving a Dearborn,MI officer working by himself in an unmarked police car monitoring a city parking lot for thieves stealing hub caps from high end vehicles. Officer witnesses a thief stealing hubcaps and jumps out of his vehicle and announces he is the police and attempts to apprehend subject. Subject fights with officer and manages to get away by car jacking a woman and steals her car. Officer gives chase to the suspect who now flees into the city of Detroit running red lights and gets onto the freeway going the wrong way. Suspect ends up hitting another vehicle head on critically injuring driver of other vehicle. Suspect then jumps out of the stolen vehicle running up the embankment jumping the fence with the officer giving foot chase. Officer finally catches suspect who still refuses to surrender and begins fighting the officer. The suspect attempts to grab the officers gun and the officer ends up pistol whipping the suspect which then causes the officers gun to discharge. The suspect falls to the ground and ends up dying. Not from a gun shot but from the pistol whipping and drugs in his system and maybe injuries from the car accident. The Dearborn cop ends up being charged with manslaughter and has to stand trial in Detroit and ends up being convicted and has to do 2 years in prison. The family of the dead suspect sues the Dearborn Police Dept. and wins some ridiculous amount of money saying "All the officer had to do was just take their family member to jail" He didn't have to kill him for stealing hubcaps!

bruscifer likes this.
  7. Jbritt

Jbritt

Professionally, I think they kept beating after they should have stopped and didn’t need to anymore.

Personally, I don’t give a ****.

8. jimbo123

jimbo123

You sound like a Nazi. Karma will get you every time. The police are supposed to be highly trained professionals- they don’t get to beat people up who disrespect them. Dirty cops belong in jail with the rest of the scumbags

9. jame

jame I don't even know....what I'm doing here....

We’ve all got stories regarding our interactions with the police. I have a few myself. One of those stories involves my younger ill behaved self and a young, ill behaved trainee. His older and wiser partner, the man in charge of the incident did a great job of handling us both, and I have the utmost respect for that man.

The other story involves my sister and her small town police chief husband. That story doesn’t end quite so well for him, and a decade and a half later, she’s safe at home with her second husband, a successful and loving man.

Violence tempered with emotion is almost always out of place, it’s almost always wrong, and it ultimately hurts everyone, regardless if your wearing gang colors or dressed in blues.

If anyone that’s reading this is considering law enforcement, by all means understand that the video shown is not a good example of professionalism. It’s a video of several men, including the criminal, behaving badly. Also understand that you will be verbally and possibly physically abused. If you can’t be a pro under those circumstances, you are forewarned. Seek another career.

10. Glock1963

Glock1963

I’m perfectly fine with the video. Stupid is supposed to have a sting to it.

hammerkill and Boo Berry like this.
  11. sombunya

sombunya Use it up, throw it away

Hen I was a kid in the 1960’s we were afraid of what would happen if we weee sent to the Principal’s office.

My mother, a retired elementary school teacher, has experienced a kid waving his finger at her and saying “You can’t touch me or we’ll sue you.” They start young. That’s the very type of kid who needs an ass whooping.

AdamRodgers likes this.
  12. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 Unapologetic Deplorable.

Naw were not a country where Govt. can shoot you just for running. THAT was the Govt. we rebelled from. I aint shooting anyone just for running. In fact for most petty things he was doing me a favor BY running. I don't want to waste 4 hours writing a kid with a dime bag in his pocket.

Heres the thing tho, there are two kinds of resisters "active" and "non active". Someone leading you are on a car chase like that, usually after a serious crime, is the most dangerous type of active resister. Even worse then a shooter because he's putting hundreds, maybe thousands at risk of death/bodily harm including the officers. If youv never been in a high speed car chase they are hair raising adrenaline dumps. The #1 cause of broken cops, both them and high speed responses.

On the street, then the sidewalk, up the building, down the alley, on the highway, in the parkland, across the pond, past the state line, back into the city, and finally the guy cracks up after about 20 mins at 120 mph.

Your natural reaction is going to be you want to beat the snot out of the guy. It was for me and it would be for you so others guys have to get in the way and stop it from happening. Once the cuffs are on its over and thats it. Guys have to protect each other.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    AdamRodgers likes this.
  13. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?

That guy at the top? Officer Friendly?

He's the same guy that would beat the dog**** out of ya for looking at him in a disrespectful way. Or, if you got mouthy. No arrest, just an ass whooping, if you were lucky.

You can always tell who was never arlund back in those days (not me...I'm way too young) or never heard stories from officers who worked in those days. I knew a guy who started police work in 1967 and didn't retire for nearly 50 years...among others, he told me stories. Hell, I started in 2000 amd knew people from my own department that had been around since the late 70's and early 80's. If you think the street guys are bad, you should hear stories from jail officers of that era!

Otto Pistol and clancy like this.
  14. F106 Fan

F106 Fan

I understand driving the 'wagon' was a special kind of assignment. Everybody in the back wants to fight. Mostly, but not always, drunks.

When it comes time to roll in the dirt, the police officer can not afford to lose. They need to do whatever is necessary (and I take that word under advisement because California is changing the definition) to get the suspect into custody.

It won't always be pretty, in fact, it will look really bad on a cell phone video but sometimes things turn ugly. But the officer can not afford to lose. They have every right to go home at the end of the shift.

OGW likes this.
  15. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

I would have likely asked the judge if he is all good with being spit on.
    You know, justice system and all.

The comments under this video make me sad for our future.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    DonD likes this.
  16. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

California’s law on use of force changed to be in line with the Supreme Court decision Graham vs. Connor, which has been the guiding law on force since 1985. The state’s law was simply updated to reflect what every department had in policy since then.

The initial bill to amend the law was from bizarro world, but it was significantly changed by the time it went for the final vote.

17. berto62

berto62

Picture turned out to be fake

Attached Files:

FullClip likes this.
  18. Gray Dood

Gray Dood

Beating a suspect after they have complied or have been submitted to arrest is never correct. No matter the offense. No matter the adrenaline dump during the arrest. You're neither prosecutor, judge, nor jury.

If you think so, you're either a thug with a badge , you need to seek counseling, or you need to find a new career.

Just my retired LEO $.02.

Rizzo, OGW, jimbo123 and 5 others like this.
  19. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Professionals keep themselves in check and can turn it off just as fast. They also adapt to change and stay up to the minute with new standards and techniques.

20. NoStress

NoStress

They were out of line and are being held accountable as they should be.

syntaxerrorsix and Gray Dood like this.