I'm afraid my M&P15-22 is crap...

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by LabTech, Feb 4, 2010.

1. LabTech

LabTech Village Jackass

I can't get this rifle to feed more than two rounds in a row without choking. I've had it out twice now and have tried Remington bulk pack, Federal bulk pack, and CCI Mini Mags and nothing will work in it. I'm convinced that it's not the mags as my mags work in a friends gun, but not in mine. I've heard plenty about the extractor problem/fix but I haven't seen this problem discussed. All I have is a not very good picture of the jam taken with my iPhone, so I hope y'all can see it. Any suggestions before I call S&W?
    [​IMG]

2. dakrat

dakrat

I never have a good luck with any 22lr. if it aint the gun, its the ammo :(

3. HomeLandPatriot

HomeLandPatriot

as with all malfunctions in this gun, it has everything to do with how you load the mags. Many people think they can just dump 6 rounds in at a time holding the load assist down. you MUST load each round individually and properly seat them.

This is such an important point that S&W even includes this fact in the newest version of the owners manual. That looks like a classic 22lr magazine loading error. It looks as though when the bolt came back after the last round, the next round wasn't properly seated during loading, and was able to pop up into the chamber. In my 15-22 it happens every time I try to make it happen.

Take your time loading the mags and make sure each round is seated individually and I bet this stop happening.

4. HomeLandPatriot

HomeLandPatriot

this is also a good opportunity to practice malfunction drills. WHen this happens, tack rack and roll. If that doesn't work, rip the mag out, rack it 3 times, re insert mag, rack, bang. 22 is so cheap "wasting" a round doesn't matter. Great way to practice without the expense of 5.56. Do it enough and fast enough, and it will eventually become normal if your fullsize AR should ever not go bang.

5. 45reloader

45reloader Live Free

6. DJ686G

DJ686G

This is so true, it takes time to load the Mag.

7. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Yeah, most semi auto .22s are/can be a pain in the ***. You would be better off with a Ruger 10/22, not as cool looking but it doesn't jam that much.

The most reliable semi .22 I have had experience with is a Ruger mkII. Its reliable with all ammo, jams maybe once in 500 rounds which is not bad for a .22.