Glock Talk banner
81 - 100 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
7,123 Posts

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Rule 1 of uniform/plainclothes encounters: Uniforms rule. ATF guy failed miserably at this. Since he also happens to be a convicted thief, I attribute the problem to his low moral stature.

No, I’m not going to pick on patrol for approaching a dude with no visible ID, no partner and no prior notification to local dispatch with gun drawn. It wasn’t a false call: it was an honestly mistaken one. Given ATFs behavior with recognizable LE, I have no problem believing that he acted in an alarming fashion towards the caller.
The ATF agent is a convicted felon?

·
NRA Life Member
7,139 Posts
Feel free i guess cowboy cops are a Ohio thing.
Nope. This PA cop would have taken anybody in plain clothes down at gunpoint in this situation as well, provided they acted like the moron ATF fool acted. Doing anything less in that situation with the known info at the time, is a good way to get yourself killed.

At a much larger better trained dept than yours, and yes I retired in 03
I'm glad you retired and got out. I wouldnt want you backing me up. And I'll come out and say it...I think you're a liar and a poser. I think the extent of your LE experience consisted of being a mall security guard or something similar.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Nope. This PA cop would have taken anybody in plain clothes down at gunpoint in this situation as well, provided they acted like the moron ATF fool acted. Doing anything less in that situation with the known info at the time, is a good way to get yourself killed.

I'm glad you retired and got out. I wouldnt want you backing me up. And I'll come out and say it...I think you're a liar and a poser. I think the extent of your LE experience consisted of being a mall security guard or something similar.
You probably wouldn’t have made it through probation on a large professional dept ……there I said it.
without a doubt your experience is limited by working for a small most likely “ township “ PD with less than 100 sworn more likely less than 25 sworn. Your tell is the rooty poot “ mall security “ comment.

·
NRA Life Member
7,139 Posts
You probably wouldn’t have made it through probation on a large professional dept ……there I said it.
without a doubt your experience is limited by working for a small most likely “ township “ PD with less than 100 sworn more likely less than 25 sworn. Your tell is the rooty poot “ mall security “ comment.
If only you knew...you're welcome to think what you like. Have a great day.

·
Registered
25,091 Posts
You couldn't be more wrong about him.

·
Registered
25,091 Posts
So you say…..but unless you know all parties involved you are talking out your hat.
I am totally satisfied not knowing either of you.
I know him.

·
NRA Life Member
7,139 Posts
There was nothing rooty poot about that comment. I didn't say it wasn't an honorable or honest job. All I was driving at is that it is not law enforcement. Neither is parking authority.

Reactions: Stevekozak

·
Stepping down to the gin palace
10,518 Posts
Rule 1 of uniform/plainclothes encounters: Uniforms rule. ATF guy failed miserably at this. Since he also happens to be a convicted thief, I attribute the problem to his low moral stature.

No, I’m not going to pick on patrol for approaching a dude with no visible ID, no partner and no prior notification to local dispatch with gun drawn. It wasn’t a false call: it was an honestly mistaken one. Given ATFs behavior with recognizable LE, I have no problem believing that he acted in an alarming fashion towards the caller.
This is my thinking also.

Reactions: larry_minn

·
Stepping down to the gin palace
10,518 Posts
There was nothing rooty poot about that comment. I didn't say it wasn't an honorable or honest job. All I was driving at is that it is not law enforcement. Neither is parking authority.
This is something I was wondering about in this thread (and others at times). Is there any vetting of LEO who post in CopTalk? Can people just say they are a cop and put in it their title and be assumed to be a cop? I am not a cop. I could never be a cop as I don't have inclination or patience to be (I was rooting for the officers in the clip to choke the guy out so he would STFU). I just wonder about some people I see who say they are cops. Vetting or no?

Reactions: KiloBravo

·
NRA Life Member
7,139 Posts
This is something I was wondering about in this thread (and others at times). Is there any vetting of LEO who post in CopTalk? Can people just say they are a cop and put in it their title and be assumed to be a cop? I am not a cop. I could never be a cop as I don't have inclination or patience to be (I was rooting for the officers in the clip to choke the guy out so he would STFU). I just wonder about some people I see who say they are cops. Vetting or no?
None I am aware of. I think most of us welcome outside perspective from those not on the job. The ones I think you are eluding to are the jokers like the one in this thread. But otherwise, I'm happy to have a conversation with anybody about the things going on in the LE world.

Reactions: TBO

·
Way too busy
5,310 Posts
There is not vetting here beyond the fact that the actual cops who have been posting here for years can obviously tell who the posers are.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Or internet super cops like yourself ? Policing has changed over the years I am from a different era I started on the job in 1976. You have your opinion and I have mine.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Is this where everyone posts their CV? And we have a witch trial and ban all the guys who improperly accuse fellow LEO's of posing for holding a different view or opinion?

81 - 100 of 140 Posts