Glock Talk banner
41 - 60 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
12,315 Posts
Yes he should, should the officer draw down and take him at gun point from the get.?
Yes, that is what you do when someone is impersonating an officer, scaring a woman and trying to get into her house.

His failing to follow orders, confirmed he was potentially a danger.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Rule number one when working in plain clothes…….the man in uniform is always right.

I would never respond to uniforms like that because I’d prefer not to get shot. In fact I always notify the local agency I am doing something in their yard ahead of time.
would you come out gun drawn on a guy standing with a folder in his hand?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yes, that is what you do when someone is impersonating an officer, scaring a woman and trying to get into her house.

His failing to follow orders, confirmed he was potentially a danger.
Ah but in reality none of that was true……..I guess you think all suspicious circumstances are guns drawn prone out “ arrests “ ?

Where on earth do you work ?

·
Premium Member
30,654 Posts
The first responding officer would probably get a talking too as well
I hope so. “Dang good job. We know we won’t have to have a fancy funeral because you failed to draw your gun, keep it hidden when facing a armed person impersonating a fed, while using intimidation on family members of a citizen…”
there was a nice local Officer. Real Andy Griffith type. Got a award for talking a guy with a gun into giving up. Pulled over liquor store armed robbers. Got blasted walking up to pickup. Without waiting for backup, or drawing his gun. He had a nice funeral. His wife and kids are doing ok. Last I heard.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I hope so. “Dang good job. We know we won’t have to have a fancy funeral because you failed to draw your gun, keep it hidden when facing a armed person impersonating a fed, while using intimidation on family members of a citizen…”
there was a nice local Officer. Real Andy Griffith type. Got a award for talking a guy with a gun into giving up. Pulled over liquor store armed robbers. Got blasted walking up to pickup. Without waiting for backup, or drawing his gun. He had a nice funeral. His wife and kids are doing ok. Last I heard.
Well you would be wrong…..and are. I understand your feeling about the ATF , I am not a fan however you are ignoring the fact that there was NO “ armed person impersonating a fed while intimidating on family members of a citizen “ . The guy was a jerk but the heavy handed response was not ok or acceptable.

·
Registered
630 Posts
He got exactly what he deserved up until they saw his creds. At that time, they should’ve called his supervisor and confirmed his identity and taken him out of the cuffs. No reason to stuff him the cage like that and also take issue with them tazing him while he was cuffed and on the concrete. All Mr. Fed had to do was lie down in the nice comfy grass and it would’ve all been confirmed quickly and de escalated. Instead he disobeyed and chose the concrete like a dummy. They clearly saw his badge and creds but decided to be dicks and shove him in the cage and keep him cuffed. Mr Fed also whined more than my 8 year old at target when I don’t buy him something. His shoulder, a medical condition, did he even say his wife was pregnant? Not a good look all the way around…
Uniforms could’ve made life easier once they had him cuffed, no need for the stuff. Insult to injury in my humble opinion

·
Registered
544 Posts
He got exactly what he deserved up until they saw his creds. At that time, they should’ve called his supervisor and confirmed his identity and taken him out of the cuffs. No reason to stuff him the cage like that and also take issue with them tazing him while he was cuffed and on the concrete. All Mr. Fed had to do was lie down in the nice comfy grass and it would’ve all been confirmed quickly and de escalated. Instead he disobeyed and chose the concrete like a dummy. They clearly saw his badge and creds but decided to be dicks and shove him in the cage and keep him cuffed. Mr Fed also whined more than my 8 year old at target when I don’t buy him something. His shoulder, a medical condition, did he even say his wife was pregnant? Not a good look all the way around…
Uniforms could’ve made life easier once they had him cuffed, no need for the stuff. Insult to injury in my humble opinion
Exactly, enough buffoonery on all sides….

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
The officers were dispatched for an attempted break in. That is all they knew. When this guy didn't act like any real officer in his right mind would have, then of course things are bound to go at least as bad as they did for him until he was restrained. Anything after that I don't care about because he brought it all on himself. Don't want to see the bad side of someone than don't bring it out of them.

·
Massive Member
26,935 Posts
Before or after they tased a hand cuffed “ suspect “ ?
You might want to watch the video again, he was tased in order to get him into handcuffs, not afterwards. He was tased with one hand in cuffs in order to get him to quit struggling so they could get the other hand in cuffs from what I saw.

You would be correct that it would almost certainly be wrong if they tased him after he was cuffed, unless he was still resisting, say trying to kick or bite or something of that nature.

Randy

·
Registered
544 Posts
You might want to watch the video again, he was tased in order to get him into handcuffs, not afterwards. He was tased with one hand in cuffs in order to get him to quit struggling so they could get the other hand in cuffs from what I saw.

You would be correct that it would almost certainly be wrong if they tased him after he was cuffed, unless he was still resisting, say trying to kick or bite or something of that nature.

Randy
Resisting arrest requires you in fact have an arrest able offense……being a jerk is not it.
they could have called him over and tell him they received a call , safely got his Creds and bingo no problem……instead of ordering him to the ground at gun point. Of course it wouldn’t make such a cringeworthy display .

·
Premium Member
3,500 Posts
I would never respond to uniforms like that because I’d prefer not to get shot. In fact I always notify the local agency I am doing something in their yard ahead of time.
^ This
Deconfliction exists for a reason. A good deal of past blue on blue could have been avoided by some simple notification and coordination. If you choose not to do it, the uniforms are in charge when they show up until you square your identity and business with them.

As far as this cat goes? Don’t want to get proned out and cuffed? Then don’t act like a suspect who’s stalling or looking for an opportunity. Cause, meet effect.

41 - 60 of 140 Posts