Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
101,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Bodycam footage from July 7, 2020, has resurfaced online showing Columbus, Ohio, police officers tasing and arresting ATF Agent James Burk who, prior to his arrest, says he was investigating an alleged illegal shotgun purchase. Cops arrived at the scene after getting a report of "a person impersonating a police officer." In the video, Agent Burk appears to repeatedly refuse to follow commands. He has filed a lawsuit against the City of Columbus and the two officers involved, alleging use of excessive force.

·
Registered
7,947 Posts
IMHO, if a uniformed police officer was pointing a gun at me I would follow commands. We would work-out my "cred" latter. :D

·
Registered
6,696 Posts
IMHO, if a uniformed police officer was pointing a gun at me I would follow commands. We would work-out my "cred" latter. :D
I agree but once he identified himself as a federal agent they could have retrieved his ID and ended the whole thing.

·
Premium Member
30,652 Posts
I agree but once he identified himself as a federal agent they could have retrieved his ID and ended the whole thing.
Why? When he started out as arrogant turd? It’s their stop. The guy might be a fed, possible still dirty. I can claim I am sant clause. They still had a non-compliment armed person. With possibility of 2nd threat he is distracting them from. Playing “you will respect my authority” is really stupid.

·
Registered
539 Posts
You would think he knows how things go. Put hands clear, announce “I am ATF agent XYZ, my credentials are location” wait till Officer tells you to expose them.
But they were jerks even when they had his Creds , if fact at that point they were assaulting a federal agent. Local /Fed peeing contests always turn out bad. And the idiots that called the police knowing it was a federal agent should have been rolled up.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Why? When he started out as arrogant turd? It’s their stop. The guy might be a fed, possible still dirty. I can claim I am sant clause. They still had a non-compliment armed person. With possibility of 2nd threat he is distracting them from. Playing “you will respect my authority” is really stupid.
They were interfering with his investigation…….get a grip that was a dumpster fire all the way around.

·
Premium Member
30,652 Posts
But they were jerks even when they had his Creds , if fact at that point they were assaulting a federal agent. Local /Fed peeing contests always turn out bad. And the idiots that called the police knowing it was a federal agent should have been rolled up.
Not worth watching that idiot again. As I recall he was not cooperative, there were questions if he was doing his job. Or abusing his authority.
You start out nasty. It’s hard to turn nice.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts