close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Illinois to ban ALL firearms?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by GreenDrake, Jan 2, 2013.

1. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

2. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

I do believe I would have to see the text of such a bill. I could see Feinstein's bill being introduced in IL as credible, but all semi-auto? I'm thinking it wouldn't last the first set of appeals and suits.

I hope they're this insistent on concealed carry to the point they don't let anything pass before the deadline, though. I would pay real money to see IL get Constitutional Carry and see all the Chicago pols with the "WTF just happened?" look on their collective faces.

3. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

Agreed, that seems more than just like Feinstein's shoot for the moon and take what keeps her a job strategy.

4. Fear Night

Fear Night NRA Life Member

Illinois wants to be a Second-Amendment-Free-Zone.

5. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

6. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

I'm waiting to see where you're not allowed to get a FOID without a live fire training course and you're not allowed to fire a weapon even on a certified range without an FOID.

I can imagine someone there is trying to write that into one of the new bills in such a way that no one should catch it until it's passed.

7. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Moderator

How about the faces of the bad guys when intended victims start responding with superior force, aka shooting their sorry asses when threatened.

:cool:

8. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Per one of the replies to the article linked to above:

"on December 11th the federal courts just gave IL 180 days to pass a conceal carry bill. This is nothing more than a ploy by Chicago Democrats to gain a bargaining chip in the fight on Conceal Carry."

9. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

That's even secondary to seeing Jesse Jackson's face when anyone can carry without any permit required. I wonder if we'll be able to understand him then.

10. JBnTX

JBnTX 2 Timothy 2:15

They won't ban anything if the people don't let them.
    They are not kings and we are not servants.

But, this concept is lost on most Americans.

11. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

yeah but some folks there will bend over if it means they might get ccw allowed for revolvers.

12. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Every lawyer and judge and person at all familiar with law already knows that banning all guns can't be done, constitutionally.

However, it is VERY common, especially at the state level, for lawmakers to introduce bills (sometimes even get them passed) just for attention and as a protest, knowing the laws they make are unconstitutional. For example, as soon as a federal court of the jurisdiction says that it isn't legal to prohibit the WBC from protesting at a funeral, a state lawmaker will introduce a bill to do it, to get some headlines and make him popular with those who don't understand it's an illusion designed to get votes.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  13. raven11

raven11

I wouldn't worry about it , like others said the courts just told IL that they had to allow CCW and Qinn's AWB and Chicago's hi-cap magazine ban both never made it out of committee.

outside of Chicago ,IL is pretty progun

14. 2bgop

2bgop

This.

Happens all the time. It can also a take a few years for it to all play out.

15. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

I would agree with you, however, as far as the Illinois CCW situation goes... the ball is really in the "pro gun" court. If the libs get to whacky with the bills and amendments, they just keep voting against their bills, and constitutional carry takes place in 180 days. The libs definitely don't want that, so I think they will be more inclined to negotiate.

16. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

I thought everyone carried in Chicago anyways without a permit.......Bangers don't need no stinking CCW cards!

17. WarCry

WarCry

Here's the thing I see - I keep seeing links about this bill getting worse and worse, but all the links feed back on themselves to this one website (thetruthaboutguns.com). When stories are self-reinforcing like that, it tends to make me discredit them, because I think they're just pulling quotes and comments from various places and assembling them willy-nilly.

I have no doubt believing Cullerton will introduce SOMETHING today, but it would be lucky to get out of committee, and it certainly won't pass both the Senate AND the House before Friday, which is when this legislature is done and the new one takes over, meaning everything starts over again.

He'll push something for show-boating purposes, but that's all it will be. That's my take on it, anyway.

18. Ragnar

Ragnar

19. Al Czervik

Al Czervik

You have more faith in the robes of the ninth circus than do I.

20. coastal4974

coastal4974

Better do it quick, Chicago already 20 shootings so far this year.