Illinois Carry is not the pro 2A group we thought they were.

Discussion in 'Illinois Glockers' Club' started by McHale, Jul 21, 2018.

1. McHale

McHale

Before giving them any donations, be warned that the terrible legislation that Bruce Rauner just signed that denies gun owners due process was written by Illinois Carry... with the help of Moms Demand Action.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...-new-lethal-violence-order-of-protection-law/

They have been blocking anyone from their Facebook page that points it out or asks them about it. Between them and ISRA, it's a wonder we have any gun rights at all!

Rawah likes this.
  2. heavyduty

heavyduty

A bill was going to pass whether you, me or anyone else wanted it or not. What Valinda and Mike did was limit the damage and get a bill passed that had protections for owners.

What is your connection to GSL?

-JCN- likes this.

3. sasqwatch2

sasqwatch2

And a mighty cheer went up from the crowd for limited damage...

...yay...

4. heavyduty

heavyduty

...and you would have preferred passage of a version written by the moms?

5. biscuits&gravy

biscuits&gravy

Wait until JB gets in...

G29guy06 likes this.
  6. G29guy06

G29guy06

Here is the solution to Illinois Carry issues...

Move out and leave it to the welfare recipients and be free- pretty simple.

It’s surprising a bit that gun owners don’t take action like money people do... Maryland decided to institute a millionaires tax- McMansions pop up in Loudoun County VA just across MD line. The rich people moved to protect their money. The gun people...?

MO Fugga and Kennydale like this.
  7. heavyduty

heavyduty

Plenty of us move, but many others are tied to this damn state due to family or jobs. I’ll be out of here in a few years, but why should we roll over? We play politics and fight our corner.

Illinois is much more than welfare recipients... just like DC is.

8. G29guy06

G29guy06

No one is tied to anything. It’s an excuse. So those that stay- oh well then.

MO Fugga likes this.
  9. heavyduty

heavyduty

There won’t be any practical difference once Jabba the Hut is in. All Rauner can do is veto some bills. This state is still owned by corrupt Dems.

10. heavyduty

heavyduty

So, I’ll be receiving my paycheck from you starting when? And checks for my mother and mother-in-laws care bills?

You sound like one of those black-and-white types.

11. biscuits&gravy

biscuits&gravy

You seriously think JB isn't going to hammer the gun owners? Illinois is setting up to be the next Commiefornia thanks to the Chicago machine.

MO Fugga likes this.
  12. G29guy06

G29guy06

Things are pretty black and white. People make them fuzzy to convenience themselves in their minds.

Whatever job you do it must be super special because apparently there’s only one position in all 50 states

13. McHale

McHale

Au contraire. JB is the Mom's Demand Actions wet dream. He is 110% liberal and will do everything the left wing wants.

Throughout his public life, Pritzker has shown a sustained hostility to gun rights, particularly regarding handguns:
    • When he ran for Congress in 1997, Pritzker called for a 100 percent tax on handguns and handgun ammunition, which he estimated would raise $1 billion a year. (Scott Fornek, “Pritzker, In First Political Run, Vows He Can 'Get The Job Done',”Chicago Sun-Times, 9/7/97)
    • In the same campaign, he even favored banning the sale of handguns entirely. (Susan Dodge, “Candidates Hit Trail To Congress,” Chicago Sun-Times, 2/22/98)
    In his campaign for governor, Pritzker has been a vocal supporter of banning certain firearms and accessories.
    • He supports banning the sale of so-called assault weapons and high capacity magazines. (JB Pritzker Website)
    Pritzker supports onerous regulations that would hurt small gun shops and law-abiding gun owners.
    Pritzker’s activism against Second Amendment rights earned him recognition from anti-gun groups:
    • In 2005, Pritzker Received The Citizen Advocacy Award From The Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence. (Press Release, “Sen. Ted Kennedy To Receive Distinguished 'Lincoln Award' From Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence At Nov. 7 Awards Dinner,” Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence, 11/7/2005)
    • Pritzker once served as Chairman of the Advisory Board of the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence. (“Morning Spin: Pritzker Boasts Of Poshard Backing, But They're A Political Odd Couple,” Chicago Tribune, 9/25/17)
    Pritzker is a big-money funder of state and national gun control groups:
    • He has contributed $101,000 to gun control groups through his foundation. (IRS Form 990-PF, Pritzker Family Foundation, 2002-2009)
      • He gave $76,000 to the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence From 2002-2009.
      • He gave $25,000 to the Brady Center To Prevent Gun Violence In 2003.

14. heavyduty

heavyduty

Actually, there are eight of us.

I’m out, I’m obviously not orthodox enough for this crowd. Enjoy where being absolutist and not playing the political game for advantage will get you.

15. biscuits&gravy

biscuits&gravy

Don't judge me.

16. G29guy06

G29guy06

Ok, so there is a choice then...

And playing political games for advantage got us Trump and the biggest crimes committed by our govt to date. Just thought I should inform you of that since considering you’re in illinois and the content of your last post you probably aren’t aware of that

17. professor kv

professor kv Hey! Who turned out the lights?

With all due respect, if you have 15 years of service in a position, and have only five more to go, then you'd be crazy to leave.

Especially if you are "older", and given the current trend in retirement benefits.

You hold your nose, stick it out, and hope they don't pull the rug out from under you at the next contract.

18. G29guy06

G29guy06

I’m thinking I wouldn’t have ended up there in the 1st place- but that’s me. The cesspool of Illinois isn’t a new thing

19. WHEEELMAN

WHEEELMAN

When your ready to leave Illinois, come down to the South. South Carolina, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama...all Gun Friendly so take your pick.

Those five are "Castle Doctrine" and "Stand your Ground" states, just like Illinois.

20. Will Beararms

Will Beararms Millennium Member

This legislation does absolutley nothing to stop Chicagoland gang gun violence.