Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
29,087 Posts
Ummm they did. Region directly north was running rolling blackouts due to demand exceeding supply, same as TX. Region to the east of TX was tapped out. Region to west had 4-6GW of reserve. Tx was short something like 20-30 GW.

Being part of the national grid would not have helped for this event. Don’t see the region north of us getting lots of help from the rest of the national grid to prevent blackouts. Remember. The ENTIRE nation was seeing this drastic temp drop. Over 70% of the nation had snow on the ground at the same time. That’s a record.

Tx got screwed by folks playing kick the can.

When you gamble against the weather. sometimes you lose.

·
Sarcasm Inc.
15,861 Posts
They should have gone outside and built a campfire

·
Registered
164 Posts
“That really doesn't address the question now does it?”

ERCOT = Electric Reliability Council of TEXAS

·
Registered
12,647 Posts
Hold up. My wife is from Canada and they have cold weather every year. and worse than what hit Texas. You would think that by now all of their power grid would be completely prepared for cold weather and winter storms. And yet my wife who live in the Toronto area had winters where they were without power of 6 weeks! And power outages were a regular occurrence. Tell me again why Texas should be expected to be more prepared than Canada for cold weather and winter storms?
Did they cry and wet the bed like TX? I didn't even hear about it so I don't think so. 6 weeks is ridiculous though.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Did they cry and wet the bed like TX? I didn't even hear about it so I don't think so. 6 weeks is ridiculous though.
First, that isn't the question, the question is can the utilities plan for everything? The answer is that even where they have this kind or weather every year, they don't

I didn't see any crying or wetting of the bed in Texas. I live here, saw nothing of the kind. Maybe they did that in Austin. Where I am, neighbors helped neighbors. Why would you hear about things in Canada, Americans don't care what happens in Canada, nearly as much as Canadians seem to complain about what happens hear.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts