Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So apparently illegals sleeping in an unheated trailer house are suing ERCOT

Going after deep pockets.

"The family says the temperature inside the mobile home got down to 12 degrees overnight Monday. Despite several layers of bedsheets, the cold proved to be too much for their son. "

Notice the rest of the family didn't freeze... strange. In fact none of them had problems but their son....

How could he freeze to death by they not even get frostbite? Something is not right here....

·
NRA Life Member
29,097 Posts
I agree, something smells. Filed a lawsuit BEFORE the autopsy ?

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Maybe I missed it but where does it say they're illegals?

·
Kydex Crafter
6,430 Posts
Get them to court...arrest and deport them...problem solved. If you happy asses would have been where they belonged you wouldn't have suffered this....

·
Matthew 25:31-46
3,825 Posts
The Texas designed electric grid appears to have failed miserably . There will be more lawsuits filed , only then we will hear the ERCOT side of the story

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
NRA Life Member
65,620 Posts
I agree, something smells. Filed a lawsuit BEFORE the autopsy ?
The lawyer didn't want to take a chance they'd get somebody else, plus he wants to strike while the public outrage is high and hope the company will offer a quick settlement to shut down the story. If it turns out the kid died from something else, he's only out a filing fee.

·
NRA Life Member
29,097 Posts
The lawyer didn't want to take a chance they'd get somebody else, plus he wants to strike while the public outrage is high and hope the company will offer a quick settlement to shut down the story. If it turns out the kid died from something else, he's only out a filing fee.

As I said, " Something smells ".

;)

Would this fall under " frivolous lawsuit ", if the autopsy shows death caused by other than freezing ?

·
NRA Life Member
29,097 Posts

·
3,825 Posts
The law firm that hesitates does not get a parentage if there is a possible payout.

·
NRA Life Member
29,097 Posts
The law firm that hesitates does not get a parentage if there is a possible payout.

So are you saying law firms are bastards ?

;)

·
PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
10,523 Posts
As unfortunate as this seems to be...it points to a larger issue in my mind; the vulnerability of our National Power Grid in general. I hope this is a wake-up call to all our power companies. After our enemies have seen how soft we are with the WuFlu pandemic...it is not much of a stretch to see how they could cripple us completely with even a regional attack on the "Grid"

·
3,825 Posts
So are you saying law firms are bastards ?

;)
No, but they are aggressive. And there was a massive utility failure that some engineers think was avoidable.

·
NRA Life Member
65,620 Posts
As I said, " Something smells ".

;)

Would this fall under " frivolous lawsuit ", if the autopsy shows death caused by other than freezing ?
Not likely. In theory, lawsuits can be found frivolous and plaintiffs can be ordered to pay the defendant's legal fees and plaintiffs who are suing at taxpayer expense can be barred from doing it, etc. In real life, judges almost NEVER hold a plaintiff responsible for anything. I have represented thousands of people in thousands of cases over the last 20 years and have won every case and all but one defendant in one case has been dismissed before trial on the ground that the undisputed facts show the plaintiff was wrong as a matter of law. Not one plaintiff has ever had to pay the other side's fees and costs and probably not more than 20 or 30 have ever had a strike against them for filing a frivolous lawsuit.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
How come New Mexico, Oklahoma and Arkansas don't have grid problems?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
You would think if it was that cold in the house they would have had the kid sleep in the bed with them to keep everyone warm.

Act of God. They will get money only if ERCOT pays a nuisance settlement.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts