Il ***urgent*** action needed now

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by 05FLHT, Feb 25, 2013.

1. 05FLHT

05FLHT

Link to Illinois Carry.

URGENT!! URGENT!! URGENT!!
    Madigan Expected to Use A Sneaky "Shell Game" to Ram Chicago Style Carry Law Through House On Tuesday!!
    Last Friday, the U.S. 7th Circuit of Appeals let stand their ruling in the case of Moore/Shepard vs Madigan that the ban on the Right to Carry in Illinois is unconstitutional.

In an attempt to stonewall the passage of a good carry law, HB0997 and other good gun bills, have been sidelined in a House sub-committee. The Speaker of the House plans to use a shell bill - an empty bill with no text - and turn it into a nightmarish Chicago style carry bill and push it through the House on Tuesday. We suspect it will be HB1155 but it could any number of shell bills.

Calls, Emails, FAXs Need Sent to Your State Rep's Local and Springfield Office NOW!

1. Urge them to be present at the State Capitol all day Tuesday. (Unless they are anti-Right to Carry, then they can take a snow day!)

2. Urge them to oppose any and all amendments to HB1155 (or any carry bill) that are not endorsed by the NRA/ISRA/IllinoisCarry.

3. Urge them to support ONLY amendments to HB1155 (or any carry bill) endorsed by NRA/ISRA/IllinoisCarry.

Our message to all legislators:
    NO BAD BILL, NO BAD AMENDMENTS

To find contact info for your
    State Representative click here

2. dwhite53

dwhite53

If you actually reverse your restrictive gun laws,
    and crime goes down, you have a huge, bitter, pill
    to swallow.

All the Best,
    D. White

3. 05FLHT

05FLHT

^^^What does that even mean???^^^

21 plus amendments filed. This thing hits the floor for debate tomorrow.

IL Glockers must call their Reps NOW. Tell them NO to any amendment not supported by the NRA.

4. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

I hope you guys get on the ball with this... you guys are closer than I can ever remember you being, to legitimate concealed carry.

Good luck.

5. 05FLHT

05FLHT

The circus starts tomorrow. HB1155 is an empty shell bill controlled by none other than Mike Madigan himself. There are 27 amendments that have been filed. They range from a good Shall Issue bill, with reciprocity to ha ha don't even think about it.

Reps across the State were blasted all day with calls and emails, mostly from our side. I spoke with quite a few personally as they were heading out to Springfield ahead of the coming storm (no pun, there's a snow storm expected for tomorrow).

Wish us luck...we're going to need it.

6. Stlbrian

Stlbrian

I am really confused. Did the ruling not set a hard date for them to enact a law? My understanding was they had until XX day ( 180 days after the initial ruling) to enact a concealed carry law. If they did not then federal law would kick in effectively giving all citizens of Illinois open carry, or I have heard it described as "Constitutional Carry".

Why would any representative on the side of gun rights even entertain any bill? Why not drag their feet and force open carry down Chicago's throat? You want a sensible gun restriction, we can talk, you want to do some nutty Chicago BS? Go pound sand.

I must be missing something, I often do.....

7. Opie 1 Kenopie

Opie 1 Kenopie Regular Guy

WTF?!?! I'd say if they bring crime down they've scored a HUGE victory for generations to come. How is that bitter?

8. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

They'd have to admit they were wrong all this time.

Randy

9. rolltide_pisco

rolltide_pisco

I live 45 minutes from Illinois and deal with frustrated gun owners from there at my work. Kick Chicago's ass!

10. xmanhockey7

xmanhockey7

If they don't enact a constitutional law OC and CC would be legal with no permit required as long as you have a FOID card.

11. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

If I understand the issue correctly.. you've basically explained what will happen if a bill is not passed. The issue seems to be, some of the more rural representatives have recommended some a pretty reasonable CCW bill, and Chicago politicians are holding them in committee, while trying to force "their" CCW bill down everyone's throat. The "Chicago bill" will no doubt be very restrictive and probably will make a NJ CCW look easy to get. As I see it, the bigger problem is the number of Chicago state reps, compared to other cities in Illinois. (probably due to population)... they could probably pass "their" bill with very little help from outside Chicago.

Basically, it's the same stuff they've been doing to gun owners for years. Hopefully you all can stand your ground on this one..

Best of luck.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  12. vafish

vafish

Decent shall issue almost passed last year.

The pro gun folks have enough votes to stop a bad bill easily, and then it would make a foid a defacto carry permit.

Just make sure your reps know how you feel.

posted from my stupid smart phone, please excuse any spelling mistakes.

13. meleors

meleors Cranky Member

Illinois has "home rule". Towns and Cities with home rule would then be free to enact their own CCW laws. Illinois needs to enact a CCW bill that preempts these home rule communities from enacting their own laws.

If they don't and Illinois gets "Constitutional Carry", many towns and especially Chicago would then make their own carry laws creating a nightmare where going from one town to the next could find you in violation of local law.
    You would have to know the laws in each town you visit.

And that's the rest of the story!

14. Stlbrian

Stlbrian

Thank you for filling me in. I knew there was something I was missing.

15. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster G17 carrier since 1989 Millennium Member

If I knew any iL Glockers, I would call them.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013