1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A. You are falling from an aircraft.
B. You are going to explode.
C. You are an alien.
D. You just walked into Heidi Klum’s dressing room.
E. Your $9.99 wearable Chinese made eBay blood pressure machine was not such a good value.

A buddy was briefly in a panic over his BP. He has never taken his BP at home. His doc wants him to start. He is a cheapskate. $9.99 was the cheapest one he could find. It said anything above 180/120 and you should go directly to the hospital.

We told him at 299/199 he would be dead. Go to the medical equipment store, pony up $50 and get a real one.

Crazy friends are fun.

·
Registered
24,958 Posts
I had 240/140 once - we had a put it on your finger tester at work - I figured it was off - so I didn’t worry - later that day I was in Walgreens and used the BP machine they have and got 240 / 140 again.

Been on meds ever since.

·
JAFO
13,786 Posts
People die every day, some because they are too lazy or unmotivated to get off their ass and do something positive. Very sad indeed, I make a lot of sacrifices so I can hopefully be around for my family for a long time. On another perspective when your time is up maybe there is nothing you could have done to prevent it. :dunno:

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
I had 240/140 once - we had a put it on your finger tester at work - I figured it was off - so I didn’t worry - later that day I was in Walgreens and used the BP machine they have and got 240 / 140 again.

Been on meds ever since.
Had mine tested by a pretty young nursing student one time. Sat down by a table and she propped my arm up and put her rather ample breast in my hand and took my BP. It was 200/160. They wanted to call an ambulance.
I couldn't leave till I promised to go see my Dr. I did so later in the day and when I told him the story he checked my BP and laughed as he sent me back to work with a 120/80 BP.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

Been on meds ever since.
I hit a similar number apparently for time period and it caused a cerebral hemorrhage. Glad you got on meds. Don't forget to take them.

·
back again
2,269 Posts
C. You are an alien.
E. Your $9.99 wearable Chinese made eBay blood pressure machine was not such a good value.

A buddy was briefly in a panic over his BP. He has never taken his BP at home. His doc wants him to start. He is a cheapskate. $9.99 was the cheapest one he could find. It said anything above 180/120 and you should go directly to the hospital.

We told him at 299/199 he would be dead. Go to the medical equipment store, pony up $50 and get a real one.

Crazy friends are fun.
I know a few people in my life who are similarly cheap. None of them are struggling to make ends meet; they're just...cheap. And I think there's a considerable difference between "frugal" and downright cheap.

But similar to what you said, the discussions with those people can be entertaining.

·
Premium Member
10,551 Posts
I know a few people in my life who are similarly cheap. None of them are struggling to make ends meet; they're just...cheap. And I think there's a considerable difference between "frugal" and downright cheap.

But similar to what you said, the discussions with those people can be entertaining.
Yup, I know the type. Guy with a solid 6-figure bank account, orders a burger without cheese and then argues for double of something else, figures he deserves it because he saved them the cost of a slice of cheese, and then only wants free water to drink.

·
Registered
589 Posts
C. You are an alien.

Crazy friends are fun.
i got a very good one, an Omron, at walmart, for $40. the same one at CVS is $60 (including taxes)

to be fair, most home BP machines last on average 3 years. this is my 3rd one, but the first Omron brand.

·
packin heat
2,377 Posts

Been on meds ever since.
Good move going to the Dr’s. You may not have been here to post your comment otherwise. Smart move.

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
9,537 Posts
Go buy an Omron.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts