close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

If You Were Going to Buy a Tablet RIGHT NOW...Which One Would You Get?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Nalapombu, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

yep my phone is on 24/7

My phone has bluetooth but I have never used it. I use a free app called Air Droid for data transfers. it utilizes WiFi for the data transfer to the computer or from the computer to the phone. it's fast and very easy.

The GS3's are nice, rumor is there are going to be some big whopping sales on them on Black Friday.

2. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Wait till you try one of the newer phones running Ice Cream Sandwich or Jelly Bean. you will drop that Froyo device like a hot potato.

3. boomhower

boomhower

BB has already lost. Many big name corporations have moved on from BB. They are still hugely popular in the corporate arena but it's a little less everyday. A lot of it is from the top down. The execs are tired of the same boring BB's and want the cool new iPhone so the IT guys are told to support it. As the tools have gotten better it's spread to allowing the rest use them as well. BB's real strength is security in communications and security of the devices as well. They are still king in the former but with a variety of remote wipe methods the latter is rather common place now. With them delaying BB 10 yet again it's all over but the crying at this point. Just a matter of time before they are either sold or implode.

4. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

I'm due.

5. syntaxerrorsix

I just want to get this out here.

I was wrong, it was G36's Rule that initiated previously conflicts.

I was dead wrong for posting the way I did towards you. No excuses.

6. GVFlyer

GVFlyer Senior Member

Yes, an ASUS Transformer, but I didn't find it to be as good as an iPad. The manufacturer of the jet I fly recommends that pilots use the iPad on the flight deck, my company issues them to all execs and the FAA has practically mandated their use on Gulfstreams, so why try to swim upstream to use a competing product that may be as good.

7. syntaxerrorsix

Yeah Sporty's is jam packed with mounting options for the iPad that's for sure. I still see that as an application specific reason for owning one.

8. Drain You

Drain You NRA member

I was unfortunate to be working on a Sunday and needing to go shopping, so I went into a "super" Wal Mart yesterday. The urge I've been fighting to splurge on a Nexus 7 finally overcame me and I checked to see if they had one.

Nope.

Sitting in the parking lot, I called a few of the other 38 Wal Marts we have, Best Buy, Target, none of them had it either. Target and Best Buy actually said they aren't going to be carrying them.

Walmart.com has the $249 model listed on their site. I do not want that one. I don't know if this this is a limited release or if they want you to buy it in the PlayStore online or what, but the urge has passed for now.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  9. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

Right now the ipad2. Im patiently awaiting the mini though

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

10. iiibbb

iiibbb

For just entertainment purposes

New Kindle fire (if you are already wrapped up in Amazon Prime)

otherwise the Nexus 7.

If you are looking to do real work, the ASUS transformer or Samsung Galaxies.

11. moeman

moeman

+1 and w/ windows 8 touch screen + laptop + tablet that has usb and SD slots in one unit.

BTW: I Fly laptop + IPAD3 and the ipad is in distant 2nd.

12. moeman

moeman

Because Apple was smart in getting itunes and tying up content... not because the IPad 3 is better...I have one it's so-so.

Give me a SD card slot and USB interface then we are starting to be on the same page.

13. GWG19

GWG19

iPad.
    Funny thing about the iPad, the local schools are issuing them, my Doctors Office is now using them, heck I use them for sales at my company.
    I have never seen any company using an Android device. When we sync calendars using Outlook the only device that has issues is my employees with a Android device.
    I use a PC most of the time, and have had no problem with the MAC OS.