Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
Well, maybe Cheney can get his hands on one. The rest of us can't.:crying:

What would you call it if you were going to honor Representative John Boehner?
The Crybaby?

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think it might be good for a home defense gun. With slugs or #4 buckshot, or a combo!

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't understand. Why was this gun withdrawn from the SHOT Show? They have all kinds of Class III weapons at this show. Maybe I am reading it wrong! :dunno:

·
book em' Danno
1,089 Posts
I don't understand. Why was this gun withdrawn from the SHOT Show? They have all kinds of Class III weapons at this show. Maybe I am reading it wrong! :dunno:
Possibly because Taurus does not have the proper licensing for that type of weapon and therefore is in violation.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
From what I've read, ATF made some suggestions to 'bring it up to code'. The 28ga carbine is still scheduled for import and the handgun version will be along 'shortly'. I MUST have one!

michaelbane.blogspot.com/search?q=taurus+28+Gauge+Raging+Judgehttp://michaelbane.com/search?q=taurus+28+Gauge+Raging+Judge

well the link doesn't work, but you can search michaelbane and then search 28ga Raging Judge and find it.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Not for an SBS, those are a $200 stamp (transfer tax). AOW's are $5 IIRC.
Yes, I know that :upeyes:

You can register a shotgun as an AOW but to add a stock it would need to be registered as a SBS.

Take this for example. It is an AOW with a $5 transfer tax. You cannot legally add a stock to this 870 without registering it as a short barrel shotgun.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Instead of starting a new thread with something that may have already been mentioned, I could not find anything, I added this to this thread. It seems to dovetail well with the Raging Judge.

This was also at the SHOT Show, the S&W Governor looks OK but this one can also fire the 45ACP. Like the original Judge but better. Someone's got to be buying these for S&W to come out with a copy!!

If I were going to buy one it would be the Raging Dick, I mean Raging Judge!!!

http://www.gunblog.com/sw-governor/

·
Registered
197 Posts
Not for an SBS, those are a $200 stamp (transfer tax). AOW's are $5 IIRC.
The fact that it comes from the factory with a pistol grip means it would be an AOW instead of an SBS.

HOWEVER, this fact is moot. The Gun Control Act of 1968 prohibits the importation of NFA items, except for research and development purposes, or for sale to entities which are exempt (the military, police, etc.). If Taurus wanted to sell this in the US, they'd have to build it here instead of in Brazil.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts