Glock Talk banner

If you had to pick a fullsize...

5098 Views 88 Replies 75 Participants Last post by  TnShooter83
I have a Gen 4 G17, 21 and 22. All make great truck guns and are what I use. But for carry, maybe OWB (although I can CC all just fine, especially in winter), which would you choose? (doesn't have to be any certain Gen) ;)
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

· Registered
2,797 Posts
any of the three you have listed would be fine, just use the right ammo, right holster, with the right attire and you'll be fine..........and only you can decide what is "right" for you.

just my $0.02 worth,

sig357fan

Reactions: gelitt4 and RPW

· Banned
45,550 Posts
20, year round. Gen3, of course.

· Cuhootnified Roamer
11,894 Posts
Reactions: MO Fugga

· Just sayin'
4,682 Posts
Glock 21 would be my choice if I lived in a free state.

· Registered
1,275 Posts
The only full sized semi-auto I've carried has been a 5" 1911.

It's trim and rides comfortably in an IWB Garrett Industries Silent Thunder Fusion so long as I'm standing & walking. Sitting and driving in the car....not so much.

I recently added a G19 and going to see how comfortable it is for carry. I can get a full grip on it....barely, but a full grip nonetheless. I really like how small it it yet it's packing a full payload of 15rds. It has a much smaller profile than the G17

· Gospel Carrier
532 Posts
I have a Gen 4 G17, 21 and 22. All make great truck guns and are what I use. But for carry, maybe OWB (although I can CC all just fine, especially in winter), which would you choose? (doesn't have to be any certain Gen) ;)
Hello, JoeOU1,

I have always, always, been a fan of "bigger is better." Glock 21's, in the distant past, 1911's, and Beretta 92's. Now, my go-to guns are either my G21's or my new EDC, my G34.

When all is said and done, it is training and precision, that will carry the day. I like the lightness of the G34, it's longer sight radius, and of course, it's accuracy and reliability. There are always things that you can tweak, but as it is, right out of the box, the G34 is, in a word, amazing.

At least the G34 gives you a good alternative to your other 9mm's, as a truck gun, it would give you greater accuracy and slightly higher muzzle velocity, hence a bit greater range. All with using the same magazines as in your G17. Too, as I wore two G21s when in the city, the G34 is much more comfortable, lighter, and is now my EDC, instead of the G21s. And, no, I don't feel under-gunned, going from G21 to G34. I will get a second G34 in the near future, as two are always better than one...

Maranatha

OldArcher

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.