close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

If You Had to Buy a Multi-Function Printer...

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Shoeless, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Shoeless

Shoeless Gun Totin' Girl

which one would it be? I'm looking for an all-in-one printer, scanner, fax, copier that I can use wirelessly in my home office. I'd ideally like to spend $250 or less.

So if this was your dilemma, what would you buy and where?

THANK YOU!!

Shoeless

2. boomcat

boomcat

I have an HP PSC 2500. It's a combo printer, copier, scanner and fax. It performs very well, but setup is VERY difficult. It has Wi-Fi built-in but it has to be connected directly (with a cable) to the router while setting it up. It takes about 2 hours to set up. The set-up files are very large. Once set up, the software drivers must be installed on all the other computers on the network. Every now and then it goes offline and after hours of work I discover that the printer has assigned itself a URL that doesn't match the URL assigned by the network, thus taking itself offline.
    Not recommended.

3. lens

lens

Don't know about the wireless issues, but I've had a Brother MFC (laser) for 7 years now and it has worked flawlessly. I highly recommend laser over inkjet. Between the ink costing a fortune and it always being low just before I was headed out on vacation, the inkjet MFC (I had an HP) was a royal PITA.

4. Wulfenite

Wulfenite The King

I have been using a Brother MFC 210 for about 3 years now. It works fine as long as we use factory ink. The cheep aftermarket ink plugged it up and required a swap with Brother.

Its not fast, or high volume, and scanning and faxing 1 page at a time is not something you want to do more than once or twice a day....but it puts a lot of capability in a small foot print for a small price.

5. 87vert

87vert

as much as I hate ink jets I would go with an HP PSC series and use strictly HP ink

6. NetNinja

NetNinja Always Faithful

Brother

And don't spend more than a $100.00 on one.