close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

If you could go back

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by security79, Jan 18, 2010.

1. security79

security79 Gene Frenkle

The movies that took you back thread got me thinking. What if you could go back to your graduation day in high school and relive the days from then to now over again. But the kicker is your memory would be just as it was then (no knowledge of the future) but still you could change things. For me I would definitely like a do over as I'd like to think I wouldn't make the same dumb decisions twice.

2. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

Hard to say. If anything changed one second I wouldn't have my beautiful daughter.
    Then again if I knew now what I know I would have joined the Coast Guard Aviation instead of the Army Aviation. :dunno:

3. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman Nuclear Trunk Monkey

I would've went Coast Guard instead of Army....I also would've been a little more 'open', instead of being anti-social, and never really going out and 'partying'. Then again, who knows; time is a fragile thing; something I were to do in my past could very well effect my present..who knows, maybe I wouldn't have met my wife?

4. Glock-it-to-me

Glock-it-to-me Catching liars

I would have studied more to get my degree rather than spend so much time playing foosball.

5. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634 :):

I'd like to think I could change a bunch of things.
    Unfortunately, I was an idiot then, and I'm sure I'd screw up just as bad if not worse the 2nd go round.

Now if ya let me go back knowing what I know now........

6. m2hmghb

m2hmghb

I'd go back and use DEET all the time to avoid ticks.

7. MarioS

MarioS

I don't regret anything. And I am probably pretty fortunate to be able to say so.

There were some things that I would say I would have changed if I was asked the same question a couple years ago, but after seeing how things worked out now, it was probably better for me that they happened as they did. God is good.

8. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb Lifetime Member

I would have went right into college instead of corrections.

9. byf43

byf43 NRA Endowment Life Member

On which side of the bars, Johnny???:supergrin:

Just kidding.:supergrin:

Me??
    IF I could re-do/re-live my life, I would have gone into the military, instead of working.
    Granted, my entire life would have gone a different direction, and I most likely wouldn't have the family that I have today, but, I was literally on the razor's edge of decision of whether or not to go into the military. . . . either Marines or Navy.

OTOH, I am very thankful to have the family that I do have. . . .A fantastic wife and 4 wonderful children.

I am a blessed man.

10. major

major Rejected member

wouldn't go back and do it over again.......too hard, and too tired at this stage in my life for a "do over".

11. Ronaldo

Ronaldo Ancient Member Millennium Member

I'm not sure that I would have done anything really different. I would have steered a different direction had I known then what I know now. Much in my life seemed to be fated or pre-ordained... so I doubt things would have turned out differently.

No complaints though. While many times my bed had been cold and hard, I'm the one that made it that way...

Ronaldo - in a Monday Mood

12. Nicky D

Nicky D CLM

Chances are nothing would be any different. I would most likely end up making the same decisions as I did the first time since I am working with the same mindset. Even if I could go back with my current knowledge I would only change 1 thing, and that is to obtain a Bachelors degree. Everything else I would leave the same. There have been some pretty rough spots but I would not want to do anything that would jeopardize possibly not having my wife and children.

13. DWavs

DWavs Moderator Moderator

If your memory was the same as back then (you carried nothing back from the growing up experience), wouldn't you most likely make the same decisions all over again?

14. smokin762

smokin762

Would I hit the reset switch? You bettcha I would. As far as remembering this path, I don’t think it would happen since I suffer from a thing known as Selective Memory and Hearing. I only remember and hear want I want too.:supergrin:

15. area727

area727 G23

+1 I honestly wouldnt change much. Maybe something small here or there, but nothing life changing. I consider myself pretty fortunate and blessed with what I have. Although, if I could do it over, I would get into guns sooner then I have.

16. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

That's the exact problem with youth and good decisions.

The truly important ones are expected to be made by a young person who has no real and actual knowledge of the world. By the time one's old enough to make the correct choices, depending on one's desired lifestyle, they've already been made. Darn the bad luck. Our parents tell us of the importance of making "good decisions", we just don't always listen, if ever.

It really is a shame that one has to make the choices that governs one's entire future life, when one isn't really that very well versed in the outcome of those possible choices. Good thing we can still make some changes to some things.

Kind of like money, when one has the time to travel as they wish they don't usually have the money, when they do have the money, they don't usually have the health or time.

Just goes to show..............living isn't for........well, it just isn't for anyone.:supergrin:

17. Wulfgang

Wulfgang

If I could have a do-over....from the day that I graduated high school....I would choose to do e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g differently.

I would have stayed in my home town instead of moving. I would have kept that circle of friends. I would have continued down the career path that I was pursuing back then instead of the one I am on now. I have made many poor choices and only a few wise decisions.

18. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb Lifetime Member

:rofl:

I wouldn't say I regret my decision, but all in all I feel like it would have been the smarter move to make. Everything seems to happen for a reason though.:cool:

19. B. Somm

B. Somm Lady B/Team OAF CLM Millennium Member

No. I like who & where I am now. It was hard enough living through my life the first time and I don't want to repeat the experience.

B. :ack:

20. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

I would have:
    -Studied harder, made up for my bad grades by being outstanding in college, gone into the Air Force and made a career as a pilot.
    -Stuck with the guitar rather than take a 20-some year break.