Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gun show is around the corner and as you all know, some (at least 4) of us would finally be getting our STi frames. There are a lot of good gunsmiths out there, each with their own pros and cons. I want to know which you prefer and why. Pretend you can only have one custom built gun, which of the local gunsmith would you choose and why? :supergrin: I'm sure a lot of people would be very interested in the "why" so please elaborate hehe!! Thanks so much guys!!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Who? Churchill of PBDionisio
Why? 1. Craftsmanship and reliability; 2. You can immediately test your gun at the PBDionisio firing range while he builds it, after he builds it and for subsequent adjustments and repairs; 3. madami na kaming nagpagawa/nagpapaayos ng baril sa kanya - me, Doc EC, Shihan, Action Star Pogi, Tigra, mtho, etc. and even top guns Jag Lejano and Jay Morales

Cheers!

·
Rei!
5,961 Posts
Tony O.
Col Bayang - pag longdust
Metrillo - If you have money to burn
Boy Tolentino - If you have money to burn (?) + the sexy factor

·
what a move!!!!
785 Posts
same with gmv.....dami ko narefer kay church,wala pa naman nagrereklamo..

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
Most of the BoG's have pretty much mastered the art of the 1911. What parts to use and what modifications to do. Reliability tuning, ammo specs etc. etc.

I'd have my pistol built by churchill bec. he is the one nearest my place.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
i already have my pistol made by a smith here who now works for beretta usa.

so far 60t na ata its still perfect, lalo na when i changed my slide.

now if im going to have it built again for standard division. i can only trust one guy who will do it for me.

eto na dapat meron akong commission hehehe.

tony o. call me sa cell why i choose him if you want to know why.

wala lang siya cnc machine to get a perfect my slide to frame fit which was done on my pistol pero naman natin kailangan yon. I just wanted a perfect fit.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Most of the BoG's have pretty much mastered the art of the 1911. What parts to use and what modifications to do. Reliability tuning, ammo specs etc. etc.

I'd have my pistol built by churchill bec. he is the one nearest my place.
doc,
mas malapit ata tw:tongueout:

·
Registered
2,853 Posts

now if im going to have it built again for standard division. i can only trust one guy who will do it for me.

wala lang siya cnc machine to get a perfect my slide to frame fit which was done on my pistol pero naman natin kailangan yon. I just wanted a perfect fit.
i'm confused, your gun was perfect tapos nung pinalitan mo ng slide perfect pa din sya?:dunno: didnt it need to be refitted again? your old slide with 60t mileage has the same dimensions as you new slide?

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
new slide is oversized all one has to do is file slowly on the lower rails till it almost fits. then hammer it with a rubber mallet using oil as a medium

till it can be pulled by hand and pushed by hand(sakit sa kamay)

then shoot it till it loosens. i never used any lapping compound.

this is why it was jamming till about a thousand or 1500 rounds.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
sino yung gunsmith choice mo sa new slide mo?

by the way meron bogs member na certified beretta armorer. smith and wesson at remington din ata......... galing ano

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

jason share mo na sa amin kung bakit si Tony O. ang choice mo :supergrin: O talagang gusto mo lang kami makausap sa cel? hehehe!!
Do you need a CNC machine to have a perfect frame to slide fit?

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
I'd build it myself.
Seriously.

Nothing beats having complete knowledge of your weapon of choice. :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Sir athsay,

Sayang akala ko any FA, basta custom. Gusto ko pa naman sana custom ("bespoke") side-by-side 12ga shotgun ng Holland & Holland, London. If I had the money to burn, ha-ha. Drool, drool...

·
Registered
350 Posts
@mtho

No. But you can see their fine work at www.hollandandholland.com.

Yun akin eh, pangarap lang naman. They might not sell me one even if I had the money, ha-ha.

I read a story about a gun writer for an American magazaine (Guns&Ammo yata) who tried to visit the Holland & Holland showroom in London.

As he started to browse inside the shop, a sales staff member in a spiffy suit approached him and said, "WE HAVE NOTHING HERE FOR YOU."

The man probably sized him up as somebody who could not afford their guns because he arrived there in a taxi (not a Bentley) and was dressed in LL Bean (not in a Saville Row custom suit). But still, what nerve!

The gunwriter said, "I could feel that he couldn't even bring himself to say "Sir"!"

Talk about exclusivity eh?

·
Notorious
1,988 Posts
Given a choice to build me a 1911? Syempre si Swensen! :rofl:

Seriously though, if he hadn't retired, I'd get it done by Manny Sunico. Since he's out of circulation, then I'm going to the heir-apparent, Tony Olinares. He's done some amazing work lately, his craftsmanship is improving, and he's done the best dehorning job I've seen locally.

·
Nuon
1,537 Posts
...to have a perfect frame to slide fit?
there is ONLY one who can do this...
...using a laser beam and a computer...and he calls it micro tuning
...member siya ng sikat na '70-'80 band na hagupit!
...just like slicing a frozen butter-when you rack

...but after a week, the butter turns rancid, solidifies and emits a crackling Lapid's chicharon-like sound when you rack
...and you will notice that your original 12.5 or 11 or 12lb ISMI rec-spring is now a 15lb one with 2 coils un-professionally cut
...your EGW square FP stop...now KIKILIZED up & down...and a lot more. PWEH!

Seriously, Churchill of PB. Walang kayabang-yabang. Kung hindi kailangan he will tell you the truth. Hindi yung tira-ng-tira para kumita.
Even Django had his 3 or 4 guns re-modelled by Churchill.
The latest...Saki's PXT before is now with PB. Now owned by Dean of LAG-PSG being "paganda-lized"

1 - 20 of 36 Posts