If Unsanctioned Missile Launched..Why all the talk

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by ray glock, Nov 10, 2010.

1. ray glock

ray glock

Lets cut to the chase.
    If an unsanctioned missile was launched 35 miles off the U.S. coast, our military should have responded with extreme force within minutes. We could all ask questions and talk about it later. Wherever or from whatever it was launched should no longer exist. Anything less than extreme prejudice and swift action should require accountability from the highest level of our Government and Military.

Just my 2 cents.
    Remember 911

2. tadbart

tadbart duuuuude.

well, if "we" launched it to show "them" our might and technologic prowess, wouldn't "we" be thumping our chests and saying "how bout that?"

if it was a secret test, what's so wrong with whatever alphabet agency did it saying "butt out, it was a secret test."?

in turn, if "they" launched it to scare the beejeezus outta "us," why wasn't there a cloud of anti-sub ships, jets, helicopters, and satellites converging on that area?

i don't think it's a ND from one of our subs, but if it was a skunk sub, i can't understand why a LOT of military activity wasn't reported in that area.

3. DonMcnut

DonMcnut

I am not as "in the loop" as I usually am but a couple of the defense blogs I frequent are leaning towards the idea that it wasn't a missile at all.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2010/11/mystery-missile-is-probably-a-jet/

4. ray glock

ray glock

5. tongix

tongix

Bet it was one of ours. Pentagon will not confirm nor deny, simple as that.
    WIth that close to LA area, we would have known better.

6. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

It's most likely going to turn out to be a jet.

7. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

That was no jet.

But it is interesting to see how readily some jump on that...

8. RichJ

RichJ

Geeze! That's the weakest explanation I've yet seen. Does the author of that piece think that no one has ever seen a rocket launch before? In order for a jet to leave a condensation trail it has to be at very high altitude and the air temp way up there has to be below freezing. Even if it were some vertical take off scenario of a jet, there wouldn't be a contrail at ground level. The whole jet theory presumes that most people don't even know what or how a contrail is formed. Besides, when was the last time you saw any jet leave a corkscrew trail in its wake?

9. Psychman

Psychman NRA Patriot Life Member

This is one of those events we will never learn the truth about, but will be talked about on the internet for years.

10. DonMcnut

DonMcnut

Who would we be showing and if the Chinese are your answer, then what is the point. The Chinese have a large arsenal of anti-shipping and anti-satellite weapons, not to mention their cyber-war capabilities.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/08/06/chinese-carrier-killer-missile-game-changer-expert-says/

11. ray glock

ray glock

I feel the same way about that as I do a surprise enactment of fiction gun play in a public setting. Don't do it unless you warn everyone involved first. That is a good way to get someone hurt or worse.

12. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

I tend to agree. Probably an F-18 going supersonic since he wasn't over inhabited areas. Still they should probably know where all of their $40 million+ aircraft are.

13. paperairplane

paperairplane

So from that link it is just a jet coming from Hawaii to LA or a small rocket the Navy is going to shoot down with a laser in a 747. Really?

1. This is not the contrail of an airliner
    2. The guy taking the video is in an helicopter, presumably he is in the helicopter regularly, as is the helicopter pilot. Another presumption being that they are regularly in a helicopter in LA airspace. Yet neither one of them goes "jet contrail, see it all the time". They thought it was strange enough to video and report on.
    3. FAA does not have record of commercial flight in the area at the time

14. RichJ

RichJ

That's the one thing that bothers me the most. If it was a test then just say it's classified. But the Pentagon and NORAD are both using language to the tune of saying that they have "no clue" as to what it was. Really??? No clue? When the Navy and the Air Force jump out within hours of the event and both say it's not one of theirs and then the Pentagon says they don't know what it was, that's an excellent way of scaring the schit out of your own people just to conduct a test if that's what it was.

15. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

I was me I shot a 10mm Mp5 in the air.................sorry for all the fuss.
    Just trying to put a few more craters in the moon.

16. ray glock

ray glock

I would think you are right. However, if it were actually a jet then I could understand why our military was not involved. For Sure! That is a given. That is all I was saying.

17. mhambi

mhambi κολασμένος

They know. It's the song and dance that bugs me.

Plane? Fine. What flight number? From where to where? Military flight... Fine. Say so, and move on.

Missle from San Nicolas or submarine? Fine. Say so, and move on.

I'm not buying this whole 'Well we don't really know what it was, but it's probably nothing important' routine. :rant:

18. alphacat

alphacat account deleted

In my best Elmer Fudd voice; "Be afraid, be very afraid."

19. ray glock

ray glock

If it was a submarine than it must be wagging it's happy tail back home by now.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  20. ray glock

ray glock

Opportunity missed, or no threat ever existed?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010