If the new justice

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Mumblzthemnstr, Sep 27, 2020.

1. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

Don’t get too confident.

6-3 will be nice, for a while.

But all it takes is for Clarence Thomas to retire/die under a liberal President, and we’ll be right back where we are now. With John Roberts being an idiot.

Trump HAS to win, or this country is doomed.

2. hogship

hogship A republic, if you can keep it! Silver Member

Me too......however I'm betting we will see new magazine capacity restrictions......and, the SCOTUS will uphold them. Existing high capacity magazines will not be confiscated, or allowed to be sold or transferred.

I hope I'm wrong about that, but that's my prediction.

3. redneck ron

redneck ron Displaced Hillbilly

If the Democrats mail in ballot cheating scheme fails, Trump will win the election. I predict Justice Thomas will take the opportunity to retire and be replaced with a conservative, and Trump could get to replace Breyer. He is already 82. That would leave only 2 hard core libs left on the court. Would be great for the country, but the Democrats will go bonkers and do something stupid.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  4. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I agree that should be the law and I agree that military weapons are what the 2nd Amendment protects, but I don't agree that's what "shall not be infringed" means. First, if "shall not be infringed" meant, "shall make no law" they would have said "shall make no law" like they did in the 1st Amendment - yes, that's an actual legal rule for interpreting laws. Second, even the first Amendment, which says "shall make no law" doesn't prohibit every law concerning speech, the press, religion, etc.

PEC-Memphis likes this.
  5. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

Let's not count our "Chickens" just yet...a LOT can happen between now and any confirmation...and Like Jean posted...just because we "think" the new appointee will vote to uphold traditional Conservative values, there is no guarantee

Jade Falcon and GlockPolock like this.
  6. wjv

wjv RIP Stan Lee.. . .