If the new justice

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Mumblzthemnstr, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Mumblzthemnstr

Mumblzthemnstr

Is confirmed by the senate, it'll be a 6-3 leaning hard right in the SC.

I feel alot of things MIGHT just change. For the better. Including how much more secure gun rights are. For a GENERATION. This cannot be understated.

How about an open discussion on what you hope to see change, and what your thoughts are on the 2a strength from here on out if she gets confirmed.

Thanks in advance for you thoughts and comments.

2. nursetim

nursetim

I’d like to see the 1934 NFA challenged, the the 1968 and 1986.

3. Mumblzthemnstr

Mumblzthemnstr

Excellent point. I forgot about that. Hughes amendment repealed as well

nrajeff likes this.
  4. -JCN-

-JCN-

Would like to see magazine capacities cease to be a thing.

5. 6Actual

6Actual Southern Backwater Mafia & President-Elect

As long as we are whistling in the dark and wishing I would add the Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA or GCA68) and Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 (FOPA)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    Mumblzthemnstr likes this.
  6. GlockPolock

GlockPolock

I would like to see them (SCOTUS) follow the CONSTITUTION to the T! Imagine if our courts, police, and citizens just followed the CONSTITUTION AND BILL OF RIGHTS! Nice dream..

DROBIAZG

jimcorbin, tuica, n2g and 7 others like this.
  7. CBennett

CBennett

Since they refuse to just vote and do this and are WILLINGLY GIVING THE DEMS YET ANOTHER SHOT TO TEAR UP A CANDIDATES LIFE like with Cavanaugh...if they dont get this through I hope each and every Republican LOSES if that happens....

Why you may ask? because if they cant just push this through with the majority..I they are dead to me as in I do t think they can do anything and hope they ALL lose.

Mumblzthemnstr and lesgeaux like this.
  8. GeorgeK

GeorgeK

I don't see the NFA changing much anytime soon BUT I do see a couple ways Suppressors could end up on a normal 4473.
    That alone would tickle me.

Sent from my Stupid Phone

9. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

It is a good sign that the left-wing nuts are already attacking her for being pro-gun. Of course, the decision they are screeching about isn't even pro-gun, it just says that the blanket bar on gun ownership for felons is unconstitutional, but the constitutional version would be "both broader and narrower." She says they can bar rights like voting and holding office based on "civic virtue" so barring them for felons may be legal, but gun rights can only be barred based on dangerousness.

Fact Check: ‘Amy Coney Barrett Wants Felons to Have Guns, But Not Votes’

10. ExecutiveWill

ExecutiveWill

This.

Dr357sig and nursetim like this.
  11. jeanderson

jeanderson Making America great again!

First, it would be a 5-4 conservative court. Roberts might lean right sometimes, but I think he’s lacking core conservative principles.

Most importantly, let’s define what it means to be a “conservative” justice. To me, this means following the Constitution. Our constitution is the foundation, the bedrock on which our country rests. If you can’t commit to that, you have no principles, no core, no compass that can guide your decisions.

If you’re a “liberal” justice, this means that you think all law is malleable. It is subject to current events, current thinking of what law should be. It’s a perverse idea, introduced (IMHO) by Oliver Wendell Holmes. The Constitution is an historical relic, or at best guidance to justices who make law. (Sotamayer said the 11th Circuit Court is where law is made)

I’m just tired of everything being framed “liberal” or “conservative”. Either you believe the Constitution and the rule of law, or you don’t.

12. Mumblzthemnstr

Mumblzthemnstr

I did say 6-3. My bad.

13. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

With the exception of the Hughes Amendment, the FOPA was good, really good, for firearm freedom in the US. The Hughes Amendment was added to FOPA under some very sketchy procedures.

I'd be pleased to get the Hughes Amendment repealed to allow post May 1986 fully automatic firearms to be registered by individuals/trusts as Title II firearms; and have silencers/gun mufflers "moved" from Title II to Title I.

Philosophically (at least mine, by 2A), there shouldn't be restrictions of firearms as described in Title II; but I don't see FA's being sold like Title I firearms.

MDLibertarian and 6Actual like this.
  14. Mumblzthemnstr

Mumblzthemnstr

My interpretation of shall not be infringed means to me, full autos ordered through a catalog, in the mail, no questions asked. You pay, they ship, end of story. Government none the wiser

15. BDM71

BDM71

I don't think there has ever been a true conservative in the SCOTUS, and it's not going to start now.

16. 6Actual

6Actual Southern Backwater Mafia & President-Elect

I stand corrected, the Hughes amendment is what I meant in referring to FOPA

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    PEC-Memphis likes this.
  17. PEC-Memphis

So you believe that felons should be able to order FA through the mail.

ALL Constitutional rights can be deprived, up to and including life, through due process.

n2g and hogship like this.
  18. jmontgomery

jmontgomery

I do. If they can't be trusted with a firearm then they shouldn't have been released. Harsher sentences for violent crime and crimes involving a firearm would take care of that.

jimcorbin likes this.
  19. PEC-Memphis

So at what point do you "trust" a 6'3" / 240# athletic man who beat a 5'0" / 100# woman and injured her - but no broken bones and was able to recover physically in month or two? What if he broke her arm and/or a jaw?

Keep him in jail forever? Firing squad?

As much as I'd like to have every violent POS in jail or in the ground, never to be in the general population, that isn't going to happen in the US; I doubt it even exists in the modern world.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    WayneJessie and n2g like this.
  20. G33

G33 Frisky! Millennium Member CLM

Nope.
    Life time appointments slide to the center if conservative.
    :)