close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

If the G37 and the new cartridge were discontinued by Glock, what would you do?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Serbian Samurai, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Serbian Samurai

Serbian Samurai

This is strictly a theoretical question guys, so please, no flaming and no wagering please. If the round and the gun fail to catch on and end up discontinued, would you sell yours or would you keep it as an "exotic"?

2. hangmans joke

hangmans joke

3. Zombie Defense

Zombie Defense Pow pow

I'll take the bait. I'd keep it.

4. G7

G7 Mostly Metric

I'd keep it, seeing as it would be Glock's only (theoretical) failure.

It would be worth thousands of $$$ in 2053 (in 2003 dollars).

With a decent stockpile of brass, I could reload for it indefinately.

Great conversation piece.

I want one of each GLOCK, anyway . . . ;f ;e :cool: ;P ;)

5. Hawkman

Hawkman

Yup, keep it and handload.

6. Serbian Samurai

Serbian Samurai

If I owned one, I would probably keep it if I liked how it shot and handled. Although I cant see liking it more than the G30 for example.

7. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Serb,

Don't pass judgement on a G37 until you've tried one. Let's keep Doom & Gloom to a minimum in this forum.

8. Serbian Samurai

Serbian Samurai

No offense, but you misunderstood my post completely. I never judged the G37, I said I never handled one and that a G30 is hard to beat. And the possibility of a brand new gun and cartridge not finding a successful niche in todays market is just reality Danny, not "doom and gloom", so if discussing reality is too "dark and scary" for you Danny, go ahead and try to maintain your forced optimism standards on this forum, and see how long IT lasts.

9. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

You started a thread asking what we would do if Glock discontinued the G37, then you said you can't see liking the G37 more then the G30 when you said you have never handled one. That sounds like you were passing judgement to me.

10. hangmans joke

hangmans joke

basically ss , this is why we asked for a g37 forum because ,alot of negativity has beset the g37 , no proof of anything bad bout the gun ,just alot of folks pissed off because the gun is and not that etc etc, and since this forum just opening recently, your thread points to why even post that in this forum ?? kinda common sense it would get flamed alittle , we are tying to create a enviroment here for g37 converstaions and learning, and being negative here only underminds the attempts at doing this. it may have not be your intention to flame , but i can see how it may be misconstrued to that point. we just want things here to go along without negativity ,there enough of it in other forums.. hj

;f ;c

11. 940glocktime

940glocktime member

i dont own one (yet),but in the future it could be on my list...sounds very interesting..smaller frame (held one at a gun show)...45gap,shorter round,so what ,same size hole.....;P

12. redwinger

redwinger

i just dont get it.arent the g-30 and 36 reduced grip glocks?seems like a single stack,uh well thats what the 36was ?i just dont see the gap with only whatt 2 mm shorter?being all that interesting.

13. DannyR

Redwinger,

The grip of the G30 is the same circumference as that of a G21--fat. The G36 is a slimline, but has the same longer trigger reach of a G21 or G30, and is limited to 6+1 rounds capacity. Everyone on this board complains about the limited capacity of the G36. Most add Pearce +1 bases, with little success.

The G37 is the same size frame as a G17, G22, G24, G31, G34 & G35 Glock--the most popular frame size in the Glock lineup, with capacity of 10+1 rounds of full power .45 caliber ammo, which is 2 rounds more than most 1911's.

I have 150 rounds through my G37 and like the feel much more than my G21 and G30.

I think it will be a success. Glock has sold 2,000 G37's during the first 30 days of availability. Winchester will soon have it's new 230-gr GAP ammo available. What's not to like about the G37?

14. Zombie Defense

Zombie Defense Pow pow

Serbian, re-read the sticky Danny left. This is a place for those that own and are about to own the 45 GAP to talk about the gun and caliber not to bash it which you are doing very carefully. I should have ignored your question and not took the bait. I won't next time and I'm sure the others won't as well.

15. Serbian Samurai

Serbian Samurai

You might want to take your own advice and read the title of the bulldogs club Shane:

"The Bull Dawgs Club
    A forum for owners and shooters interested in any model .45GAP Glock"

I asked a question that I thought was interesting, being that whenever a new cartridge/gun combo is released, the biggest question is "will it last". Trying to discourage and shout down discussion of such an obvious topic does not help your cause any.

16. DannyR

Serb,

Neither you nor I nor anyone else on this board has the ability to predict the future. Instead of "Will it be discontinued" a better question migh have been "how quickly will it catch on." Success should not be measured after only 30 days, but after several years. Glock has sold and shipped 2,000 G37's during the first 30 days of availability, so It's off to as good a start as the G29, G30, G34, G35 and G36.

September 15, 2008 would be a good time to review the success or failure of the G37, and you are hereby formally invited to participate in the five-year review.

The only thing permanent in life is change, yet nearly everyone resists it with a passion. If you listen carefully, you can still hear all those folks laughing at Edison's light bulb.

After only 150 rounds, I am quite happy with mine.

17. Serbian Samurai

Serbian Samurai

I hear you Danny, but why allow the naysayers to make everyone so touchy? People have been bashing the 10mm since it came out, heck they still do. I personally dont have anything bad to say about the G37. Im just saying what I honestly feel, that Glock has set the bar VERY high for its guns, especially its .45's. Im not saying the G37 will not be great, just that other glocks give it a lot of competition. Personally, I like its size and its looks, and I am not dismissing the idea of a short .45. Plus, Ill take any .45 over any 9 mm or .40 anyway, so Im actually pretty positive about the G37, but I am curiousd to see how it does. So if I was a bit ornery earlier, I appologize, but I never meant to put down or bash the G37, or any gun for that matter.

18. JoeSnuffy

JoeSnuffy

That sold me...Im gonna order one tomorow

19. Jeff82

Jeff82 NRA Benefactor CLM

Just a couple of questions:

Didn't I read somewhere that the 230 gr bullet was a bit too long and cut into already sparse case capacity for the 45GAP? And that was why they came out with the 185 and 200gr rounds? Would this be operating at a pressure level that becomes "problematic" if there is even a bit of bullet setback before firing? Any info on Win 230 gr 45 GAP performance?

Curious minds...

20. Guest

How much was the G37 for those of you who have one?