GlockTalk Forum banner

81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Semper Paratus
27,793 Posts

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
i am being honest, but you sound like a gun snob that enjoys over paying for a name. have a nice day

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk mobile app
It's quite like saying a Chevy Cobalt or Honda Accord is every bit the car a BMW or Mercedes is.

Will it get you from point A to B in relative comfort just as well? Likely, and at a fraction of the price. But it's not the same, and anyone who knows anything about the details is aware.

It's not snobbery to simply point out what is, is. Neither is wrong, both can be perfectly useful.

Looking down on someone for liking their lower cost 1911 is silly, they usually still shoot great, but poo pooing enthusiasts of higher quality products as "gun snobs, just paying for a name" is equally silly.

·
Semper Paratus
27,793 Posts
i am being honest, but you sound like a gun snob that enjoys over paying for a name. have a nice day

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk mobile app
Not a gun snob at all I have inexpensive 1911s as well. But...Denial is not just a river it’s not appropriate on a gun form, A $400. 1911 is not the equal of a custom in function or in shooting nor have I ever seen one that was more reliable although you might have the magical one.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Reactions: Out West

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Reactions: ThatGuyYouKnow

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
I'd buy a basic GI Tisas for $400 and spend the balance on ammo.
Bingo!

If the OP included 2011 that would be a different story.

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
OP has stated that the $1400 is to be spent on the gun, not accessories or ammo.
Ooops... that shows that I have not payed enough attention to the thread development. You are right.

On a side note, can I buy 2 Glocks for the 1400? Just asking for a friend.

Reactions: ThatGuyYouKnow

·
This is Barta!
192 Posts
Kimber Desert Warrior. If your not a 1911 guy, then 1911 from Sig Sauer.

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Kimber Desert Warrior. If your not a 1911 guy, then 1911 from Sig Sauer.
Gotta say, and I do like my Kimber Warrior quite a bit, at that price range a Dan Wesson, Colt Wiley Clapp or Springfield TRP are far superior choices, fit, finish, and quality wise.

Not that the Kimber is bad, mine is accurate and reliable, just not as well made.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I just did a Gunbroker search for 1911 pistols priced $1350-$1399 and nothing really caught my eye.

For me, and I know I'm in a minority, a 1911 is at its best as a target pistol, so I would rather pay less and spend the balance on parts and gunsmithing or pay an extra $1000 or so to get something match ready.

81 - 100 of 110 Posts