61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Daca is caca
3,471 Posts
Wesson

·
Registered
11,860 Posts
I would do a little research and buy something I could flip quickly and then get myself another CZ.

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
Dan Wesson...... or save a little more and get a Baer and be done with it. Hard to go wrong either way.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'd buy a basic GI Tisas for $400 and spend the balance on ammo.
yep i compleatly agree, i have a regent r100 1911 .45acp and ive used it in uspsa single stack division without issue. i can tell you first hand that the high end 1911s are the ones giving 1911s the bad name from being over tuned and tightend. i honestly have seen more glocks jam than my $400 turkish 1911

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk mobile app

·
bene vivere
1,780 Posts
Colt Combat Commander, 45ACP, blued, early 1970's vintage.

Reactions: 1L26 and Out West

·
NRA Life Member
63,386 Posts
I know there are a "Bunch" of 1911 folks who love their 2-3-4k models...and they are welcome at the table...but I have owned several sub 500 models which shot perfectly to POA, were ultra reliable, but obviously were not nearly as well finished.
I guess it all hinges on the ultimate purpose...Col Cooper opined; "All a quality 1911 needs is a decent trigger, good sights and to be reliable...but his thinking was geared towards the SD market, where the ability to hit a human size target at "fighting" distance was of paramount importance.
I have under $500 in the Springfield Champion I posted about in this thread:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/springfield-armory-gi-champion.1864480/#post-29708868

It turned out to be very accurate. I refinished the frame, replaced the mainspring, mainspring housing, leaf spring, trigger and extractor with parts from my parts box. Seems to be a good gun. Great stock trigger break, with no creep at all.

Reactions: Lt. Donn

·
PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
9,689 Posts
I have under $500 in the Springfield Champion I posted about in this thread:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/springfield-armory-gi-champion.1864480/#post-29708868

It turned out to be very accurate. I refinished the frame, replaced the mainspring, mainspring housing, leaf spring, trigger and extractor with parts from my parts box. Seems to be a good gun. Great stock trigger break, with no creep at all.
In the late 90's I purchased my only custom pistol; a champion...nice piece, after 1k rounds the locking lug on the barrel sheared off..I called SA & Mr Williams made it right...a couple of years later, a friend shot it and had to have it...so now it is his EDC

·
Semper Paratus
27,780 Posts
yep i compleatly agree, i have a regent r100 1911 .45acp and ive used it in uspsa single stack division without issue. i can tell you first hand that the high end 1911s are the ones giving 1911s the bad name from being over tuned and tightend. i honestly have seen more glocks jam than my $400 turkish 1911

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk mobile app
This is silly , you obviously have never owned or shot a “high end” 1911 because your regent does not hold a candle to how a well made 1911 fires and functions .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jr24 and 45caldan
61 - 80 of 110 Posts