GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 110 Posts

·
NRA Patron Life Member
13,350 Posts
Gold Cup National Match, every day of the week. Twice on Saturday. Three times on Sunday.

Somebody just offered me a stainless Gold Cup NM, less than 30 minutes ago, for a lot less than $1k.
Less than 100 rounds through it.

Fighting the urge to pry my wallet open!!! :)

Reactions: Glolt20-91

·
Semper Paratus
27,796 Posts
I buy an older used Les Baer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RSCamaro

·
l'Italia s'è desta
7,379 Posts
I know there are a "Bunch" of 1911 folks who love their 2-3-4k models...and they are welcome at the table...but I have owned several sub 500 models which shot perfectly to POA, were ultra reliable, but obviously were not nearly as well finished.
I guess it all hinges on the ultimate purpose...Col Cooper opined; "All a quality 1911 needs is a decent trigger, good sights and to be reliable...but his thinking was geared towards the SD market, where the ability to hit a human size target at "fighting" distance was of paramount importance.
Indeed. While I appreciate handguns as art, I’m not a fan. I like my weapons to be durable, accurate, and dependable, and find my “art objects” elsewhere.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
First choice would be used STI Sentry not sure of caliber, maybe 9mm, second choice would be a 9mm Gold Cup.

·
I'm not retired
7,146 Posts
Kimber Super Match II. I'd have to add some with the $1400 but that's ok...the $1400 is the bulk of the deal.

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
One of the DW suppressor ready 9mm models. I just checked GB and there are some just under $1400.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
I'd probably try and find a slightly used DW VBOB in 10mm

Reactions: jr24 and cruz lee

·
NRA Life Member
63,403 Posts
Gold Cup National Match, every day of the week. Twice on Saturday. Three times on Sunday.

Somebody just offered me a stainless Gold Cup NM, less than 30 minutes ago, for a lot less than $1k.
Less than 100 rounds through it.

Fighting the urge to pry my wallet open!!! :)
I traded for my first Gold Cup at a gun show in February. I ended up selling it for $900 because it was a series 80. I'd probably have kept it if not for that. If somebody offered me a stainless Gold Cup for well under $1K right now, I'd buy it and take it to the gun show next weekend and see what I could get out of it.

If I was spending $1,400 on a 1911, I'd probably go down to Bud's or KY Gun Co. and see what they had in stock - I'd lean toward Colt or Springfield Armory, steel frame, checkered front strap, none of that drop-safety series 80 crap and no external extractors.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

·
Registered
30,271 Posts
Two $700 dollar Springfields. Preferably V-10 Springfields.

21 - 40 of 110 Posts