Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
dw-vigil-900x600.png
i would pick a dan wesson vigil government

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
With some patience I'd be able to find a DW ECP for that much. Like the short barrel (for my eyes) and bobtail conceals better on me.

9mm preferred on a lightweight frame, but .45 would do.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
There are a ton of good options at 1400. You can pick up safe queen after safe queen of Baers, TRP’s, and Dan Wessons. Personally, I’d look for an STI trojan and put the rest of the money into the 12 rounds of ammo I could likely find. The resell market on 1911’s is soft right now for that price point.

·
l'Italia s'è desta
7,379 Posts
I'd buy a basic GI Tisas for $400 and spend the balance on ammo.
I’m with you on this. Just got mine in last week. It came out of the box cleaned and oiled and ready to party, and it shot like a dream. No “pretty” surfaces that I have to be careful of. I can’t wait for weather cool enough for me to carry it.

·
PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
9,695 Posts
I’m with you on this. Just got mine in last week. It came out of the box cleaned and oiled and ready to party, and it shot like a dream. No “pretty” surfaces that I have to be careful of. I can’t wait for weather cool enough for me to carry it.
I know there are a "Bunch" of 1911 folks who love their 2-3-4k models...and they are welcome at the table...but I have owned several sub 500 models which shot perfectly to POA, were ultra reliable, but obviously were not nearly as well finished.
I guess it all hinges on the ultimate purpose...Col Cooper opined; "All a quality 1911 needs is a decent trigger, good sights and to be reliable...but his thinking was geared towards the SD market, where the ability to hit a human size target at "fighting" distance was of paramount importance.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts