Glock Talk banner

If semi autos were somehow banned, what revolver would you carry?

10307 301
If semi autos were banned, what revolver were would you carry?
121 - 140 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
It would make more sense to go unarmed than to carry an illegal gun for self-defense.

Your chances of needing a gun are pretty low, but if you do need a gun and the one you carry is illegal, you have nearly a 100% chance of going to prison like Bernie Goetz.

There is no logical way a semi-auto is that much better than a revolver, that you would choose a semi-auto and jail over a revolver and no jail.

I believe you are both just BSing because it's the internet.
Goetz went to jail for a year or two. That’s worth my family’s life

·
Registered
126 Posts
My Ruger SP101 2.25” chambered in 357mag but with either federal punch 38 special +P or hornady defensive 357mag as I carry it from time to time. If in the woods then my Ruger GP100 in 357 mag with full power 357mag. Both have had quite a bit of work done and shoot like a dream.
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
NRA Life Member
74,631 Posts
Goetz went to jail for a year or two. That’s worth my family’s life
That might make sense if the alternatives were protecting your family or not. The real alternatives are protecting your family with a gun other than the one you like best, or going to prison. I'll take a .357/.44/.45 revolver against any 9mm right now, much less when I could go to prison for the wrong choice.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Re; sheep laying down is the same as being ready for legislative changes:

I've always hedged my bets. Besides, when I go to the range with my friends they want to shoot my revolvers and levers. Nobody ever asks to shot a Glock. Boring plastic pistols without significant differentiation just aren't interesting like a 44mag Super Blackhawk is.

·
Oh, for a muse of fire
10,175 Posts
If I could wear a jacket or overshirt, this:
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

If I couldn't wear something to conceal that, then this, which is what I usually carry in my right front pocket:
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

·
Registered
18 Posts
Definitely won’t be primary carrying a revolver unless it’s in the woods. Regulations or not. But with that being said I carry a 442 pro series (no stupid lock) as a back up gun often. Woods wise I carry a 586 often. If I wanted a more concealable revolver I would get a model 66 or 19 in a 2.5 to 3”

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Hmm. This thread is an interesting sample of how many folks would surrender their constitutional rights to Marxists, and crawl under a rock.
Umm...No. It's a game.

I would fully expect most of you to march as a group somewhere to do something to some people. What that is, one can only speculate, but I know cookouts and grilling would occur.

121 - 140 of 302 Posts