Glock Talk banner
101 - 120 of 302 Posts

·
Banned
281 Posts
I frequently pack a revolver because it's a hell of a lot more useful at killing critters of various sizes with a single KABOOM than your cute little underpowered semi auto that goes pop pop pop pop pop pop.
Are you referring to my Glock 32.4, in .357Sig? I can assure you it will hold its own with anything you feel like carrying.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
S&W M1917. Had it for decades. Half-moon clips. Would add more filling grips.
Excellent. My Tax Lady's husband had a M1917 that was his take home from WWII (he was a Supply Sergeant).

She was retired but she was still doing taxes for LEOs. In the 1990s they were in their late 60s and another cop talked them into buying S&W 9mm pistols and using the M1917 as a trade in. They hated the 9mm because they never shot anything like that. But as a young couple (and for the next 40+ years) they went plinking and camping with that revolver and both were comfortable with it.

Helpful, know it all, screwed up their Home and Self Defense Plan.

·
Premium Member
4,342 Posts
IF we allow a semi-auto ban to stand, we are truly finished!
"We" have been allowing 2A constitutional infringements for decades

What have "we" done about it?

Buy more guns...
Buy more ammo...
Give more money to WLP so he can buy more suits and get more hours on the NRA jet...
Pontificate about what we will do "when the time comes"...

"The time" has been here for decades and "we" have done nothing of any meaningful significance
The pro 2A culture has been dying off while a new American culture is cultivated by the left

This...

Has been replaced with this...

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I have taurus 85ss thats has a very smooth l;ite trigger a s&w model 60 with rose wood grips . A ruger LCR 3" in 22mag and a pair of DW revolvers with short and long barrels in 357 mag . Plenty of ammo for each too . darn I wish I hadn't lost my pistols in the river !

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Laws, we do not need last that do not work, we need enforcement of Laws on book that were sold as fixes.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Good question my friend. But you know a third of the replies will be a autoloader because they cannot think on a higher level.

S&W revolver with a four inch barrel and chambered in 38 Special. If it wasn't for arthritis I would go with a 44 or 45 caliber.
Fear of arthritis or other fabulous joint damage is what keeps me way too chicken to get a .475 or .500 Linebaugh, and there have been a few occasions that I could really have used a .475 or a .500 Linebaugh so that I wouldn't have had to lug around a rifle in .375 H&H.

101 - 120 of 302 Posts