Glock Talk banner

If semi autos were somehow banned, what revolver would you carry?

10307 301
If semi autos were banned, what revolver were would you carry?
21 - 40 of 302 Posts

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
I carry a 43c or 351c around town and the barn a lot. One of those would be in my pocket for sure. Have a nice shoulder holster set up for my 642 or 442, so would be wearing that too.

I thought about this, not due to political issues or bans, but just because I like my revolvers and hate chasing brass for reloading.

I would seriously look into new Model 10 or Kimber K6s for AIWB or cross draw carry. Hell, even the new Taurus 856s look good too.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I would follow Elmer Keith’s advice and carry a S&W N Frame with 4” barrel chambered in 44 Magnum. I have a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 but would acquire a 200AW and some matching ammo holders. I would then change my wardrobe to accommodate the new gun.

For light days, I have a prelock S&W Model 19 in near mint condition. I would carry it though despite the anemic chambering of 357 Magnum. I would probably acquire a new model 66 with reinforced forcing cone, but it would be heavily modified and refinished. I have always admired the 586 and 686, so I would get a seven shot version. One of those scanium eight shooters with 2” barrel, modified by Bowen, woulf end up with a 3.5” barrel (and lots of mods).

Finally, I would acquire a Colt or two. The King Cobra with 3” barrel looks great and I would like a Python 3”. But, then I would have to get an Anaconda 6” and a second with the barrel shortened to 4”.

New gun laws are expensive.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
S&W M1917. Had it for decades. Half-moon clips. Would add more filling grips.

Reactions: Glock Commander
21 - 40 of 302 Posts