Glock Talk banner

If semi autos were somehow banned, what revolver would you carry?

10331 301
If semi autos were banned, what revolver were would you carry?
281 - 300 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
47,180 Posts
Missed this thread and maybe someone else has posed this question.... Isn't a revolver(besides SingleAction) semi-automatic?

I pull the trigger and it goes bang. I pull again, bang again. That seems Semi-Auto.

·
NRA Life Member
6,775 Posts
Missed this thread and maybe someone else has posed this question.... Isn't a revolver(besides SingleAction) semi-automatic?

I pull the trigger and it goes bang. I pull again, bang again. That seems Semi-Auto.
Potentially. I know semi-auto revolvers that perform the function of rotating the cylinder and recocking the hammer upon firing have been made, just not very popular, possibly due to their complexity.

·
Registered
47,180 Posts
Potentially. I know semi-auto revolvers that perform the function of rotating the cylinder and recocking the hammer upon firing have been made, just not very popular, possibly due to their complexity.
Well we have double acting semi auto handguns so I don't see where re-cocking the hammer is a necessity to fit the definition of Semi Auto.

I do grasp that the revolver is not "re chambering" the next round automatically but 1 pull, 1 fire is still semi auto, at least compared to the definition of "full auto".

·
Banned
269 Posts
The 442 is a great choice. I do recommend it. I do NOT recommend leaving any gun in your car, as you will **** yourself if you ever see your car with obvious sign of vandalism. At least I did.

I would also like to recommend the EAA Windicator. It’s a bit cheaper and it’s a .357 magnum. I carry it often and the only problem with it was when I pushed the cylinder back in weird and it seized. That hasn’t happened since I put a hundred rounds through it.

281 - 300 of 302 Posts