Glock Talk banner

If semi autos were somehow banned, what revolver would you carry?

10562 301
If semi autos were banned, what revolver were would you carry?
221 - 240 of 302 Posts

· Registered
1,275 Posts
re·volv·er

noun

1. a pistol with revolving chambers enabling several shots to be fired without reloading.
Nice pic of a classic S&W M10(or Military & Police). Looks like an overseas import from Hong Kong Police issue. I wish they offered the Tapered(skinny) barrel again.
My 10-5 is very similar, no laynard ring either. Again, great pic,great firearm.

· Registered
1,316 Posts
Sounds great you all, about carrying a 40+ oz full size steel howitzer revolver. How long will that last?
Everybody used to do exactly that well into the 1990's and I don't remember anybody complaining about it.

But to do it comfortably you need real gunbelts with real holsters and can't get suckered by the sales pitch some kid spouts about his theoretically fabulous kydex crap. I regularly carry a Redhawk in a Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake on a 1 3/4" belt and it doesn't feel that much different than a holstered Glock. I'm wearing a Kore belt with it right now because I gained weight and need to lose that weight... BUT to be fair a properly fitted leather belt from someone who makes gunbelts is far more comfortable than any synthetic belt and thick leather carries a load better too.

· This is Barta!
607 Posts
SW 325 .45acp Thunder Ranch.

· Registered
2,174 Posts
Everybody used to do exactly that well into the 1990's and I don't remember anybody complaining about it.

But to do it comfortably you need real gunbelts with real holsters and can't get suckered by the sales pitch some kid spouts about his theoretically fabulous kydex crap. I regularly carry a Redhawk in a Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake on a 1 3/4" belt and it doesn't feel that much different than a holstered Glock. I'm wearing a Kore belt with it right now because I gained weight and need to lose that weight... BUT to be fair a properly fitted leather belt from someone who makes gunbelts is far more comfortable than any synthetic belt and thick leather carries a load better too.
Not saying it can not be done. I have custom belt/holster set up, chest holsters, OWB and even IWB holsters. For large heavy steel revolvers, I prefer the chest holster,,,, but not really practical for day to day, all day carry.,,,,and really non practical for concealed carry.

But, people can do as they wish. Suspect more people would turn to j-frames in their pocket

· Registered
1,974 Posts
A few options, probably one 357 and one 44:
  • Ruger SP101 2.25" cut for moonclips
  • GP100 or 686 3" again cut for moonclips...possibly also 4" version
  • 3-4" S&W 629
I have the 629 4” and 3”. The 3” is a beast with 44 Magnum. Federal 44A 240 gr hits the hand hard despite only 1240 FPS. The 4” is much more comfortable to shoot this ammo with.

Reactions: Matteo1371

· JABRONI AUTIST
8,626 Posts
I have the 629 4” and 3”. The 3” is a beast with 44 Magnum. Federal 44A 240 gr hits the hand hard despite only 1240 FPS. The 4” is much more comfortable to shoot this ammo with.
Yeah they are, I had a 3" 629 Deluxe and a 2.75" 629 Performance Center and they were attention getters for sure. I have the 5" 629 and like you say, the larger ones are a bit easier to deal with.

221 - 240 of 302 Posts