Glock Talk banner

If semi autos were somehow banned, what revolver would you carry?

10554 301
If semi autos were banned, what revolver were would you carry?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· NRA Life Member
75,549 Posts
If semi autos were banned, what revolver were would you carry?
A pre-lock S&W J Frame in .357 Magnum and a 6 shot S&W K or L frame .357 for cold weather when I can conceal a bigger gun.

But for the reload speed, I'd always carry a revolver.

· NRA Life Member
75,549 Posts
Hmm. This thread is an interesting sample of how many folks would surrender their constitutional rights to Marxists, and crawl under a rock.
And what would your alternative be? Are you ready to lead a revolution? Because that would make more sense than using an illegal gun for self-defense.

· NRA Life Member
75,549 Posts
There is no revolver in my future. What I own now I will carry.
Will not comply...
It would make more sense to go unarmed than to carry an illegal gun for self-defense.

Your chances of needing a gun are pretty low, but if you do need a gun and the one you carry is illegal, you have nearly a 100% chance of going to prison like Bernie Goetz.

There is no logical way a semi-auto is that much better than a revolver, that you would choose a semi-auto and jail over a revolver and no jail.

I believe you are both just BSing because it's the internet.

· NRA Life Member
75,549 Posts
Goetz went to jail for a year or two. That’s worth my family’s life
That might make sense if the alternatives were protecting your family or not. The real alternatives are protecting your family with a gun other than the one you like best, or going to prison. I'll take a .357/.44/.45 revolver against any 9mm right now, much less when I could go to prison for the wrong choice.

· NRA Life Member
75,549 Posts
What exactly do you expect is going to happen on November 8 that will make any kind of a difference?
Republicans take control of the house of representatives and the Democrats lose the power to pass their nonsense laws. The nutjob President becomes effectively powerless.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts