Glock Talk banner

If semi autos were somehow banned, what revolver would you carry?

10569 301
If semi autos were banned, what revolver were would you carry?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,316 Posts
Blackhawk 4 5/8" .45 Colt or .44 Magnum (I prefer .45 Colt), Redhawk 4" .45 Colt or .44 Magnum, or just about any GP100 but with the GP100 I like the 5" stainless .357 the best.

I'm not in town so I frequently pack a revolver.... usually a Blackhawk or Redhawk in .45 Colt, depending upon mood.

Favorite load is comfortable to shoot, it drops things dead fast usually with one shot, and it's one size fits all North American critters without need to count their legs... it's Starline .45 Colt brass, 13.0 grs HS6, large pistol primer, and a 280 gr. RCBS 45-270-SAA.

· Registered
1,316 Posts
Hmm. This thread is an interesting sample of how many folks would surrender their constitutional rights to Marxists, and crawl under a rock.
I frequently pack a revolver because it's a hell of a lot more useful at killing critters of various sizes with a single KABOOM than your cute little underpowered semi auto that goes pop pop pop pop pop pop.

· Registered
1,316 Posts
Unfortunately there is a significant and ever growing portion of the population that are perfectly fine handing over control of their live to bureaucrats, in fact many of them welcome it. Based on my over half century on this planet I would guess about half the adult population of this nation feel that way. And the minor population, educated almost entirely by leftists and "Karen" type parents, are by a vast majority welcoming of bigger government.

Face it... our once great nation is F***ed :(
I'd bet a lot more than half are happy with the government telling them what to do.

I lived outside of the USA for years but was flying or a living so I could regularly come back and every time I came back I'd have a snapshot of what it was a month or 3 months or 6 months previous... the changes initially weren't much but then Obama got in office and it suddenly seemed like each time I set foot back in the USA, more freedom had literally vanished. And nobody seemed to notice it at all. If you tried to tell them what was different, they'd just look at you like you came from outer space.

· Registered
1,316 Posts
Good question my friend. But you know a third of the replies will be a autoloader because they cannot think on a higher level.

S&W revolver with a four inch barrel and chambered in 38 Special. If it wasn't for arthritis I would go with a 44 or 45 caliber.
Fear of arthritis or other fabulous joint damage is what keeps me way too chicken to get a .475 or .500 Linebaugh, and there have been a few occasions that I could really have used a .475 or a .500 Linebaugh so that I wouldn't have had to lug around a rifle in .375 H&H.

· Registered
1,316 Posts
I guess right now it would be the only revolver I own, my Colt Python 357 Magnum, although I would need to get the right holster for it. But I would probably look around for an S&W or Ruger, same caliber with a shorter barrel.

View attachment 1073829
I managed to avoid being bitten by the Python bug for my entire life but damn it I want one of those new Pythons..........

· Registered
1,316 Posts
SP101 with +P 158 SWCHP. Follow up shots with .357 and up are just too slow for my taste.

This question reminds me how much things have changed since semi-autos replaced revolvers in law enforcement. Bill Jordan used to say "any lawman that can't solve the problem at hand with the six rounds in his revolver had best spend more time on the range". Nowadays, cops routinely mag-dump because semi-auto split times can be so low and they have the capacity. Not criticizing, just noticing how things have changed.
Re: Mag dump... more related to underpowered weapons. And using up all your ammo ASAP might be popular these days but it's historically always been a pretty stupid thing to do.

· Registered
1,316 Posts
Republicans take control of the house of representatives and the Democrats lose the power to pass their nonsense laws. The nutjob President becomes effectively powerless.
Literally all Democrats and the vast majority of so called Republicans were in on the election fraud required to "elect" Biden. Don't expect them to suddenly be on our side.

· Registered
1,316 Posts
You mean the handful of RINO's? Like Channey & Romney? Not a majority, but they should be voted out by their voters within those states.
"Handful" of RINOs? More like 90% RINOs and outright leftists and globalists among elected Republicans, and that includes all the former Navy SEALS every retard out there loves to elect.

· Registered
1,316 Posts
Sounds great you all, about carrying a 40+ oz full size steel howitzer revolver. How long will that last?
Everybody used to do exactly that well into the 1990's and I don't remember anybody complaining about it.

But to do it comfortably you need real gunbelts with real holsters and can't get suckered by the sales pitch some kid spouts about his theoretically fabulous kydex crap. I regularly carry a Redhawk in a Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake on a 1 3/4" belt and it doesn't feel that much different than a holstered Glock. I'm wearing a Kore belt with it right now because I gained weight and need to lose that weight... BUT to be fair a properly fitted leather belt from someone who makes gunbelts is far more comfortable than any synthetic belt and thick leather carries a load better too.

· Registered
1,316 Posts
6" Python, because I can.
Don't say it too loud because all the young fellers who hang around pumping iron at the health club think it's too heavy to carry that thing in a holster. Strangely, everyone old enough to remember being handed a shovel and told to get off their butts and work didn't complain about that at all...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts