Glock Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
300 Posts
The problem is that transferring a handgun between two licenses individuals would still fall under the law and be banned as it would be transferring an unsafe handgun. IN NYS every handgun you own first has to be added to your specific permit. If NYS will not allow it to be added, used, new or private party sale, it can’t be transferred. Thus a de facto ban meaning that whatever semi auto’s you own on your permit are all you ever will have. NY is the most onerous state to deal with. For example I have a Glock 48 on my permit. My girlfriend does not have my Glock serial number on her permit. Meaning if I let her borrow my Glock 48 and go to the range or carry it, and I was not with her, she would be in violation of NYS law for having an unregistered handgun, meaning she is in possession of a handgun not on her permit.

NYS also passed a law today banning all “other firearms” like stripped AR and Glock lowers. They also passed a law requiring minimum age to purchase a semi-auto rifle is 21 and now it will require the individual to obtain a NYS semi auto rifle permit, which is similar to obtaining a NYS pistol permit.
The problem is that transferring a handgun between two licenses individuals would still fall under the law and be banned as it would be transferring an unsafe handgun. IN NYS every handgun you own first has to be added to your specific permit. If NYS will not allow it to be added, used, new or private party sale, it can’t be transferred. Thus a de facto ban meaning that whatever semi auto’s you own on your permit are all you ever will have. NY is the most onerous state to deal with. For example I have a Glock 48 on my permit. My girlfriend does not have my Glock serial number on her permit. Meaning if I let her borrow my Glock 48 and go to the range or carry it, and I was not with her, she would be in violation of NYS law for having an unregistered handgun, meaning she is in possession of a handgun not on her permit.

NYS also passed a law today banning all “other firearms” like stripped AR and Glock lowers. They also passed a law requiring minimum age to purchase a semi-auto rifle is 21 and now it will require the individual to obtain a NYS semi auto rifle permit, which is similar to obtaining a NYS pistol permit.
We fought 2 wars for New York and they spit on people with conservative values. Maybe the ocean could do us all a favor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts